Jump to content
victoria foxton

Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Will has days to live yet he looks ready to hit the beach as soon as he takes his shirt off. 

 

Totally realistic Days of our Lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there really doesn’t seem to be any true fear or worry coming from Sonny regarding Will’s imminent death.

 

Both actors are just soooo bad in a soooo bad storyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

And there really doesn’t seem to be any true fear or worry coming from Sonny regarding Will’s imminent death.

 

Both actors are just soooo bad in a soooo bad storyline.

 

They’re really not even going through the motions. I grant them that the material is beyond horrible, but still. They’re not even just boring to watch but painful to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

I'm sorry, I still can't with Chandler's Don Knotts 'acting'

 

giphy.gifshocked don knotts GIF

Haha...I flove u Betterforgotten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonny's hair did look better on yesterday's episode and he looks younger than he does than when it's slicked back. (The weight loss which is now pretty apparent on screen is also making him look younger).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I have yet to actually catch an episode of her as Kristen. It’s going to be so weird to see. That was a role I kinda viewed as unrecastable but here we are.

 

14 hours ago, Vee said:

Again, I've only seen bits and pieces but she seems to pull it off, though no one's Eileen. The stories for her are awful though, so she's not exactly operating from a position of strength.

 

Yeah, Eileen is preferred and would likely elevate the lousy writing, but Stacy Haiduk can pull it off. It's different. I'm warming to it. I think she plays it more unhinged (lol, I know), so to speak, than Davidson (who adds a bit more layers and can make you feel sorry for her, I don't think Haiduk's Kristen makes you feel empathy for her but she's compelling to watch), but it's not quite as bad as I feared. I did prefer Haiduk as Susan, but she's good as Kristen, though like Vee said, no one's Eileen ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Eileen refused to return because she saw how awful the story would be when they asked her. It feels like she's back every month at Y&R for a 'stint' these days, so I wonder why she turned the brass at DAYS down.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it was a thing last year when Haiduk assumed the role (and Davidson couldn't/wouldn't), but did they even reach out to Eileen for this current story? And I think Haiduk is supposed to be on contract ... Maybe Eileen doesn't want a contract? Or maybe they didn't even ask her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haiduk is fine as Kristen, but she ruined Susan Banks. She didn’t play any of the nuances Eileen brings to the role. And the voice! Don’t even get me started on how wrong she got it.

Edited by Marlenaphan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

I know it was a thing last year when Haiduk assumed the role (and Davidson couldn't/wouldn't), but did they even reach out to Eileen for this current story? And I think Haiduk is supposed to be on contract ... Maybe Eileen doesn't want a contract? Or maybe they didn't even ask her?

 

Eileen was approached by Days about a month after she left Y&R last fall. She said she turned them down because it was too soon after leaving Y&R, and I believe Days wanted her to sign a contract. At the time, Eileen was claiming she wanted a break from soaps to spend time with her family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

Haiduk is fine as Kristen, but she ruined Susan Banks. She didn’t play any of the nuances Eileen brings to the role. And the voice! Don’t even get me started on how wrong she got it.

Uh no, she's a better Susan than Eileen was. Eileen's a better Kristen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dragonflies said:

Uh no, she's a better Susan than Eileen was. Eileen's a better Kristen. 

 

That’s incorrect. Stacy didn’t play her right. She wasn’t campy enough as Susan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...