victoria foxton

Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

I have to agree about Kristen.  She always resorted to wacky schemes and was desperate, but at least John was worth it?  maybe?  Aside from the ickiness that is Brady and Kristen (I will never get over Kristen telling Brady she would be his new mommy when Marlena is in the Secret Room), Brady is a lame human being who falls in love every 10  min.  He  isn't worth half the trouble.  And what is the end game?  She is going to have sex with him as Nicole?  Does she intend to pretend she's Nicole forever?

3 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I don't think he hates women, necessarily. I think he's just bored by boring characters. So he spices them up. Unfortunately it's degrading writing.

It kind of reminds me of Bradley Bell in his prime (sic.) Pervy, degrading, and no attention span, but are you not entertained (russellcrowe.gif)?

If I were writing this show, I'd have Kristen-as-Nicole plot to marry and then kill Brady.  That way, she could punish John and Marlena AND pin the whole thing on Nicole -- who shows up (for real) just in time to be accused of (attempted) murder, and has to prove her innocence (which will be hard to do, since everyone in Salem has seen "her" back in town for awhile).

Edited by Khan

2 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Not to mention the wardrobe ... lawd

It's June and they're all wearing heavy coats. They act like it's winter (and yeah I guess some places still are cold ... I'm a Floridian and it's bordering 100 ...)

Anywhoozles .... I caught up on this last week. 

Days seems to have stop doing the seasons of the year awhile ago. It never rains. It never snows. There never have any heatwaves. 

Edited by victoria foxton

1 hour ago, juppiter said:

It kind of reminds me of Bradley Bell in his prime (sic.) Pervy, degrading, and no attention span, but are you not entertained (russellcrowe.gif)?

Good comparison! I agree

1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

Days seems to have stop doing the seasons of the year awhile ago. It never rains. It never snows. There never have any heatwaves. 

Nope. It always seems like it's winter, yet we never really see anything besides a park or HTS, which feels like it's indoors.

I get they filmed this in like November/December, but still ... it's ridiculous. Someone needs to give wardrobe a memo ...

1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

giphy.gif

lol :wub: 

57 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

I enjoyed the Xander/Maggie scenes today. Brady walking in at the end was funny.

I also enjoyed Julie and Jack. Not too bad of a show overall today.

I enjoyed Maggie and Xander, too. It was unexpected and a nice surprise to pair up the two actors for an episode. I'm guessing this is in part to soften Xander a bit to make him more long-term. Suzanne Rogers is still doing a great job with this. It's great to see her have some meaty material again!

Yeah, kudos to Suzanne Rogers. She's fabulous and I kind of want her to stay off the wagon as long as possible. She's a really fun drunk.

9 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I don't think he hates women, necessarily. I think he's just bored by boring 'good'/'nice' characters.

Fixed. And no, it's not a good enough reason.

10 hours ago, Vee said:

Fixed. And no, it's not a good enough reason.

OK. And I said it's still degrading writing. 

Of course it is. But the issue is Ron finds good/heroic characters 'boring'. They're not all boring. Jessica on OLTL didn't have to be boring, she wasn't always boring. Abby on DAYS wasn't boring, she just had bad stories sometimes - her various couplings have had fans and heat and drama, good and bad. Kate on GH wasn't boring (with Megan Ward). Lulu wasn't (always) boring. Dante wasn't boring. Brody on OLTL, I can go on and on. The point is his framing is not accurate. There are absolutely boring 'good' characters. But heroic characters are not boring by definition.

Edited by Vee

But that's basically what I said ... he finds them boring. It wasn't an excuse for him or a justification. I agree they don't have to be boring.