Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in bribery case

• Members

Yeah, I figured this (the Hallmark Channel's severing all ties with LL) would happen.  Even if she pleads guilty, serves whatever sentence the court hands down to her (probation, community service, or a combination of the two) and goes on every morning and talk show to express how guilty and ashamed she feels for taking away opportunities from more deserving students, the taint from this scandal will follow her for some time to come.  And even though one could write a whole section of books about the behind-the-scenes doings at their "Home & Family" show, Hallmark/Crown Media is ALLLLLLLLL about being wholesome.

"[O]ur kids would disown us if we ever tried to interfere."

Sure they would.  

Please register in order to view this content

I feel like WCTH is too important to Hallmark for them to cancel it altogether.  But, who knows?  Frankly, I think the smarter thing to do would be to write out Lori's character next season (since filming for the current season has wrapped already) and move on.

Has "Fuller House" wrapped for the season/for good?  If so, then there might be nothing they can do.  (Same goes for WCTH.  Hallmark will have to run the rest of the current season at some point -- after the scandal has died down somewhat -- if they don't want to lose money.)  OTOH, if the show's still in production, they could write her out of upcoming scripts.  Writing staffs on sitcoms are used to doing that sort of thing.

But, kill her off?  Nah.  They'll just leave her offscreen.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There was no way that Hallmark Channel was ever going to keep her on after this. It really would be unfortunate if the show got canceled because it's not fair for other people to lose their jobs for something they had nothing to do with.

• Members

I don't know if I was the one who said it, but I certainly agree with it, lol.

Typically, giving an actress the lead in one of their signature mystery series on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is seen as a vote of confidence on Crown Media's part.  They believe that actress has a large enough following to help the network stay competitive on Sunday nights.  Ergo, when Lacey landed the just-premiered "Crossword Mysteries," it was a sign that she had "arrived."

Nevertheless, thanks to Lori, Hallmark finds itself in a pickle.  Both "Garage Sale Mysteries" and "When Calls the Heart" are huge draws for HMM and Hallmark Channel, respectively.  It's not going to be easy just to yank the two off the air, replace them with other shows and hope for the best.  It's possible that Lacey and Candace Cameron Bure will become more visible on their networks than ever.