Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in bribery case

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here's the list of all of the people charged.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/investigations-college-admissions-and-testing-bribery-scheme

For as much attention as the Hollywood types are getting, I'd like to see an investigation in to all the other people named on this list. I bet you'll find a lot of prep school types a la Brett Kavanaugh.

• Members

Well, once you cheat to get in, what will stop them for continuing this kind of behavior.  This is where the donations to a library wing, etc come in and we already know that elite athlete get put on a easy track at these types of institutions.

• Members

You will definitely find those types. Sometimes when I hear some graduates of prestigious colleges speak I wonder how they got there because they don't speak that well and don't seem that smart. To an extent, education has become less about knowledge and more about social status and name dropping colleges.

• Members

That's what is so gross about this case.  At least, the Kennedy and Bush Family gave buildings that benefited all students.  It could be argued that it was a fair trade.  These people just cheated the system.  Even the coaches were lining their own pockets rather than using donations to try to enrich their teams.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I am torn by this news, and I'll explain why.  My heart aches to think that this happened to Lori Loughlin,

Edge's first Jody Travis.  

On the other hand, I can, proudly, say, that I graduated from Magna CumLaude college, as an inductee of five

honor societies: The History Honor Society, the Psychology Honor Society, the National Honor Society for

General Academic Excellence, the Graduate Education Honor Society and 'Who's Who Among Students in

American Universities & Colleges,' which honors the top 10% of college graduates.  Under the best of circumstances,

this would be no mean feat to accomplish, but, I did all of that, despite losing both of my parents, while in college.

I can tell you that my father died, suddenly, the day that Sky and Raven Whitney found their stolen fortune (December

23, 1983).  A year later, I lost my beloved Edge.  

I felt the loss of an Edge, as deeply, as it was a family member.  I thank God, every day, that circumstances allowed me to

be invited to the studio, on its final day of taping.

I am, now, virtually, disabled and home-bound, due to illness.  I look back and wonder, how I, ever, managed to accomplish

all that I did.  So many times, I was tempted to drop out, but I didn't.

I have, my dear late wife to thank for convincing me, to stick it out.

We had only known each other, for a few months, when my father died.  We had no commitments to each other, yet,

she believed in me.

She, like my father, died, suddenly.  I miss her, terribly.

• Members

It didn't happen to her, she perpetrated a crime. The crime happened to other people. People who didn't get into these schools because she cheated her child's way in.  They are the victims. It's greedy, disgusting, criminal behavior and there is no excuse.  But it does get worse.

• Members

No problem.  I didn't mean to come across so vociferously.  I'm just frustrated by the things wealthy, famous people get away with sometimes.  I recognize that this wasn't the crime of the century. In many ways it's really just business as usual, but it shouldn't be.

Please register in order to view this content

I had that same exact thought.