Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in bribery case

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Meanwhile, Alison Sweeney flashbacks the moments she encouraged Lori to go through with the scam, only to tip off the feds. She smirks to herself as she says, "You've never left me, Sami." 

(obviously this did not happen...)

• Members

I wonder if they will do jail time.  Obviously, they have the best lawyers.  I'll be interested to see what happens.  At the very least I hope they have to pay fines that actually cause some pain.

For sure.  I think we can all name a few people in public life who did not get in based on their academic abilities. Trump at Wharton comes screaming to mind.

• Members

Absolutely. These people are so entitled and they have no shame.  As you say, it's so unfair that people who earned there spot are treated like they took it from someone else, when these rich (mostly white) people are the real problem.  The greed is what bothers me the most.

• Members

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2019/03/college-admissions-scandal-9-revealing-moments/584803/?utm_content=edit-promo&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=2019-03-13T18%3A51%3A29&utm_campaign=the-atlantic

5. Michelle Janavs, a former executive at a food manufacturer, paved her older daughter’s way into college through side-door schemes, according to the indictment. But her younger daughter got suspicious when Janavs allegedly started a similar process for her.

• Members

Frances Fisher and I are totally on the same page.  I, too, believe every parent charged SHOULD pay for the education of whichever kid they knocked out of contention.  At the very least, the courts should order them to set aside those dollars for a scholarship fund for disadvantaged students seeking a college education.  Because, it should go without saying, those students, and no one else, are the real victims in this tragedy.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to remember whether Fisher and LL were on EON at the same time.  If they were, and they were friendly from back then, then this probably cuts very deep for both actresses.

And yet, some of these same folks gave Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren [!@#$%^&*] for claiming she was partly Native American (which she most certainly is, since most who come from Oklahoma tend to have at least some Native American ancestry in their background).

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think they overlapped by about a year. I'm not sure.

This reminds me of the story of how Jodie was supposed to be a bad girl but Lori's mother got them to change the writing. I guess the casting people had the right instincts...

EON was such a wonderful show, it still holds up so well. It's a shame that the only time I've heard about the show in the midst of all this is when it was mentioned as being what Lori Loughlin was doing at the time she did tampon ads for P&G that involved her doing fake rowing (and the tampons had to be pulled because of toxic shock syndrome).

• Members

To me, it just confirms what I said yesterday: for whatever reason, I always found Felicity Huffman to be off-putting and unlikable.  And apparently, I wasn't alone in that opinion, or else why would people in the entertainment industry not be all that surprised by her indictment?

If I were William H. Macy, I would think long and hard about whether I'd want to stay in that marriage.  Not that I think he's above reproach -- I'm with you there, @DRW50! -- but talk about a toxic marriage!  In an instant, the two have become an embarrassment and a liability to each other.