Sign in to follow this  
ReddFoxx

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in bribery case

10 minutes ago, reallyhateskateonlost said:

So I guess, Uncle Jessie on Fuller House just became a widow.

The show has already wrapped I think.

I don't think so. I'm not sure they've filmed Season 4 yet.

Oy:

2 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

It's too bad that the working class doesn't have a good lobbying group.  These are the same muthafuckas who try to tell intelligent but low-income students that they're too poor to attend certain schools, and that's to the students whose grades qualified them for outright acceptance.

These are people who had every single advantage and they still felt the need to cheat.  They could send their children to the best private schools, have tutors, SAT prep courses, the works, but that wasn't enough for them. I hope they do time, and I don't give a f*ck about their future careers. 

I'm in hysterics:

Ruh Ro!

In one exchange with CW-1, Huffman realized she had gotten herself into a pickle. A counselor from her daughter’s high school told her via email that she would proctor the test herself (instead of having Huffman’s daughter sit for the test at one of the specialized testing centers arranged by the company, where the tests were fixed). The indictment states, “Huffman forwarded the e-mail to CW-1 with the note, ‘Ruh Ro! Looks like [my daughter’s high school] wants to provide own proctor.’”

Another great detail: In one exchange between Huffman and CW-1, CW-1 informs Huffman that the guy who took a standardized test for Huffman’s older daughter had to reschedule because he had just had a baby when her younger daughter was about to take the test.

Benchwarmer, but make it convincing

In one email, a parent named Sloane was concerned that if their child was recruited for athletics and went to practice, it would become obvious that the child was “a clear misfit.” The parent asked in an email to an employee of the company that organized the scams,“Would the other kids know [my son] was a bench warmer side door person?”

Photoshop was involved to make nonathletic kids appear athletic

Some cases involved Photoshopping pictures of kids playing sports that they did not play. For example, one parent “e-mailed CW-1 a photograph of his son purporting to play water polo, with his right arm and upper torso exposed above the water line. In the e-mail, Sloane asked, ‘Does this work??’ CW-1 responded: ‘Yes but a little high out of the water-no one gets that high.’”

And other kids magically grew

In some cases, the company fabricated the physical profiles sent to coaches. The affidavit reads, “The basketball profile created by Janke falsely listed Macfarlane’s son’s height as 6’1’’ and indicated that he played on his high school’s varsity basketball team … a personal statement for Macfarlane’s son, drafted by CW-1 but ultimately not submitted to USC, described how he knew that his height (5’5’’) would be a detriment to making his high school’s varsity basketball team.”

“This is not TJ Maxx or Marshall’s or something like that.”

But be warned: This scam is not easy. CW-1 chastised one parent for assuming that all it took to get their child a spot at Stanford was CW-1 giving the Stanford sailing coach $160,000. The parent asked “[inaudible] all it takes?” CW-1 replied, “So–no, no, no, no. That’s not all it takes. … This is not TJ Maxx or Marshall’s or something like that.”

Edited by Vee

1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

These are people who had every single advantage and they still felt the need to cheat.  They could send their children to the best private schools, have tutors, SAT prep courses, the works, but that wasn't enough for them. I hope they do time, and I don't give a f*ck about their future careers. 

Exactly!  Those hours I sat to take that damn SAT, I'll never get them back, lol.  Silly me for believing the mantra that I had to work twice as hard.  At that age, I couldn't even conceive of the possibility of anyone else taking an exam for me, yet I still I was made to feel that had to somehow justify my existence at 'elite' schools, even though I had worked my a*ss off to get there! 

Maybe all the people who want to brand any minority who is at an elite school an "affirmative action baby"  might want to take a look at these people.  Maybe they're the reason why so and so's kid didn't get in, LOL!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Y'all I can't BREATHE. I'm in the casket. 2019 won't take its foot off anyone's neck. I mean, Aunt Becky???

I wonder what Loughlin's Christian stans from that weird family values Hallmark show she's on think of this. She ironically plays the most pious character in a show filled with nothing but. 

my first response was - you can pay to get a kid into college, but you can't make them pass their classes

Despite skepticism about college entrance exams, 9.8 times out of 10 they correctly predict who will complete a college curriculum.  Thus, I can't think of a worse investment than paying $15,000 to $500,000 to get your kid into a school that they will not complete.  The Huffman kid got an increased score of 40%, from a low average score to a high average score, which is way beyond any increase that could have been due to chance.  That family is only fooling themselves if they think she could, (or should), compete at a top 20 school. 

Of course, this has been going on forever (cough, cough Bush) but it is the FBI investigation and the third party scheming that makes this case so interesting.

Edited by j swift