The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Trump has said he would not return to Twitter even if the ban were lifted - but we know that's a crock.  He'll JUMP at the chance to return, touting that "free speech has struck a real blow against the dirty, dishonest Dems!" and that "Elon Musk is a good friend, a smart businessman and a true patriot!".

• Members

And I don’t buy his rationale for pulling back either. Anyone who has spent time on Twitter and has paid even a modicum of attention over the past 6-7 years knows Twitter, as well as many other social media platforms has problems with spam and bots and/or trolls. I suspect that Musk wants to avoid dealing with the harassment issues, knowing that most brands will not pay to be on and identified with a platform where harassment, as well as spam and troll armies run rampant.

• Members

It hasn’t been publicly stated whether it was the bullet from the gun of Israeli or Palestinian forces that killed Shireen Abu Akleh, a Palestinian American journalist, but the scenes from the funeral are so disturbing. There were reports of some mourners chanting nationalist slogans but this made me think of countless Black policemen and policewomen who have had to protect Klansmen and neo-Nazis at their marches and rallies. 
Surely there must have been a better way to bury this woman with dignity.

https://news.yahoo.com/un-ambassador-deeply-distressed-over-203152005.html