The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The media is already taking their marching orders to both manipulate the public into only caring about the leak and into downplaying the future of the ruling beyond abortion. The press will never, ever stop watering down and sympathizing with bigotry and persecution.

• Members

The  public didn't really care about Afghanistan either but the media still made it a centerpiece, because they get to control what they want to control. 

The same people who love to go on about censorship, like the loathsome Taibbi and Greenwald, will of course have nothing to say about this.

• Members

If that were true, Marco Rubio would be in office.

The American media is an important and dangerous wurlitzer when used for the wrong things, and it often has the wrong priorities these days. But it's not all powerful and we need to stop insisting that every time it jumps on a bad frame that this frame is going to be automatically successful with the public 90 seconds after it appears. Because many of those frames and bad media takes simply don't take off. That doesn't mean we stop calling them out or combating it, it simply means not assuming they are baked in with the public, will sway millions and win the day for them beforehand while also doing the work to make sure to push back.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Saving face. I guess they’re allowing him to spin the demotion.

It’s definitely not a promotion. Streaming is an entirely different universe. The ad revenue is lower, so I have a hard time imagining how Todd could keep his network broadcast pay grade when streaming doesn’t generate the same ad buying rates. I see NBC News Now thumbnails on YouTube and I almost never click on, I always ignore, to the point that I forget it even exists.