The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think the people who believe Musk is being backed by those who failed at making the many, many, many "alternatives to Twitter" viable and now want to rot away Twitter itself are right. Over and over these grifters and hatemongers made a show or announcing that they were leaving Twitter and never did, because they did not want to live in ghost towns. They will do what conservatives always do - destroy everything. 

Some people may be hyperbolic, but I do think a lot of Twitter users will leave if he takes over, just as many people abandoned tumblr when it made drastic changes in the late '10s. 

• Members

I am absolutely one of those people who will leave and I mean this.

Many “Black Twitter” followers, in particular have already expressed this. The article on how badly Black Tesla employees have been treated also adds to the anger. Some have already tweeted guidance on how to move all your tweets (Content is King, after all).

One thing this has made me think of though, is when daytime soaps used to have really great business storylines with corporate intrigue, filled with codicils and poison pills.

You know, the good ‘ole days.

• Members

I imagine Vanessa or Beverlee's Alex cutting  Elon down to size, or  Lucinda and Emily/Kirk/Connor vying over his business, or some big confrontation with Victor, Jill and Jack in Genoa City.

Really though Elon Musk is like someone out of the mentally scarring last years of Passions. 

• Members

A lot of the talent worshipped Zucker and believed he was a genius. They still do. They were shocked and hurt by the public reaction to his firing and disgrace.

I'll enjoy 'media reporter' Brian Stelter, who never reports on media scandals at CNN or about his friends until there's literally no other option, tapdancing around this fiasco for another several weeks. He also has a show on CNN+ I believe.