The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really like Don - I first got to see him on the CNN NYE shows that Kathy Griffin and Anderson did, and Don was usually in New Orleans and more than once he got absolutely wasted on air with Brooke Baldwin and he was simply hilarious.

And as his presence at CNN has grown, and as he fought back hard against the lies of the Trump years, I think his is an important voice. 

I'm betting he and Cuomo are either swapping time slots or his show is getting a name change?

• Members

I've grown to respect Don over the years as I feel like the crises of the last decade have led him to reflect, instead of just shutting his eyes and pocketing the cash the way some in the media do. Whatever happens I hope it's a good thing for him.

• Members

@drw50 I knew all the press was BS. Same thing happening in Chicago and Cook County with Kim Foxx who had a target on her back after the Jason Van Dyke trial.   As soon as the FOP here in Chicago made it clear they endorsed her opponent, that signaled her re-election.  While the Jussie Smollett situation did drum up some controversy, not enough for people to side with the Chicago Police Dept. 

While the FOP all over the country in big cities still seem to wield a lot of power, they are wildly unpopular in those cities.  It's going to reach a point where real reform will have to happen.

These police departments that continue to get more money have a success rate in "those neighborhoods" in terms of solving crimes of around 10%. No business could get away with that BS and continue to survive. 

There are decent law enforcement personnel and leaders. Tom Dart the sheriff of the Cook County Police force is one of them. He's very well respected across the board and fair.

• Members

The BBC is such a fail. They barely acknowledge their history of racism and sex predators but they absolutely must investigate this interview from 1995, but not the media's overall history of trying to bully people, or how one of their biggest media bullies became Prime Minister. M'kay.