The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually agree with some of their broader points, but this is one of the areas which reminds me of the whole, "Bernie will have rallies in the states of senators who don't pass his legislation!!!" mindset. It doesn't do anything in the real world. The idea that holding a press conference to talk about Matt Gaetz or Laura Ingraham would actually make any difference is very naive.

I saw something similar to this earlier today when David Roberts said "thousands of people" need to fill the streets demanding Stephen Breyer retire. I was embarrassed for them. 

• Members

I may be the last person outside of NYC reading the NY Post, but at what point did it just become an amalgam of Sirius radio and TikTok?   Every day they either recap Howard Stern, Andy Cohen, Jess Cagle, or some rando on social media.

Rosie O’Donnell: Ellen DeGeneres’ daytime exit is ‘complicated’ 

As the former host of her own eponymous talk show, Rosie O’Donnell believes Ellen DeGeneres’ exit from her daytime show is “complicated.”  “I have an understanding of the cycle of show business, and kind of what happens in people’s careers, and when enough is enough,” O’Donnell, 59, recently said on Sirius XM’s “The Jess Cagle Show.”

• Members

Three of the most callous and toxic figures who clog up the pipeline of Twitter, all together at last. The horseshoe at work. I wonder if the fat, ugly men who insist any criticism of Bruenig  is down to her being attractive will continue to whack it off to her further enabling the likes of JD Vance (and that mentally ill Redscare pseudo-intellectual/psyop/gadfly).

• Members

In our latest look at the WHAT HAPPENED TO BELIEVE ALL WOMEN??? crowd, let's check in on failed press secretary Brie Brie's very delayed thoughts on accusations against her griftcaster co-host, Virgil Texas (no idea on the thoughts of his former employers, the increasingly irrelevant Chapo).

Naturally, this statement was broadcast by one of their big fans. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I came across this and found it to be a salient point and the reason why many in the Twittersphere were quick to dismiss Adams, which didn't jibe with the reality in actual NYC neighborhoods. I guess this is the reason why I was so confused about the fact that so many people were claiming not to know who Adams is, while I thought he was probably going to be the candidate that people had the most familiarity with (which can be a double-edged prospect).

• Members

These two headlines are currently next to one another on the front page of the Washington Post website (from my desktop computer view):

"Facing delta variant wave with few vaccine doses, African countries suffer — and seethe with anger."

"America forgot how to make proper pie. Can we remember before it’s too late?"

(The second one is an opinion column. But still ...)

The juxtaposition of these two titles ... kind of says something about society, as well as about the media.

Why the f*ck are opinion columns on the front page of all web editions of newspapers?  I find it so annoying.  

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh that liberal media:

(say what you will about Biden's views on marijuana legalization, these remarks were clipped out of context)

Speaking of this topic, here is one of the deeply loathsome scumbags at Qullette (a publication lauded by some pseudo-intellectuals even though it does everything from publish race science to a hoax written by a man pretending to be a "Marxist-Leninist-Alinksyite" from Queens trying to join the DSA). I know you aren't supposed to give professional trolls attention, but this particular monster is always given some type of pass she has never earned.