Jump to content
victoria foxton

Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

I'm in agreement that it's nice to have the tables turned, where it's not goofy ol' Jack chasing after stories around the globe, leaving poor Jennifer to find solace with Dr. Colin Murphy or Dr. Daniel. 

 

But still, the reactions have just been... odd. Take Hope's reaction. She was so matter-of-fact about it, checking her phone while talking with Jack, like "hey, you're back in town alive? Lemme take you over to Jennifer. I'm sure she'd be glad to see you," as opposed to being frantic, incredulous and energetic. 

I try to think what my reaction would be if I were one of the long term characters in Salem who have seen so many of their loved ones actually come back over the years. I guess after a while it would be like a nice surprise but also something you half expect lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think I hated Abby not testifying against Gabi especially after Gabi layed out everything Abby did when I wasn’t watching. But I still also remember that Gabi held Abby’s best friend at the time underground with the crazy guy in I think the story that actually killed Jack if I remember right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up with the two episodes....not bad...the best part was the Gabi and Abby scenes.

7 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

 

I love you but that's silly. What story would be there if Jack had his memory? I know it's totally lazy a year after Will went through the same thing but I actually find it great. And I don't know what would make you happy with DAYS besides all the men getting naked and having an orgy :) which I would be SO here for. Just saying.

 

 

Lawd.....Will.....wait..no comment:D

7 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

And our baby CM was turrible yesterday. Just saying ;) 

 

 

I'll let that pass too.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll always make me laugh how often this show brings Xander back. I had to laugh at how he was all, "I have to be in stealth mode," and then at the end of the episode he's playing on his laptop on that extremely popular park bench off the square 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I’m glad it’s Jack and not some twin. Like @KMan101 I’m pumped that Jennifer finally has to do the chasing this time. They’ve in recent years always had him pining away for her and especially during the Daniel years, she acted like she couldn’t stand him.

 

Yassss. After Jen treated Jack like dog [!@#$%^&*] for years, taking both Peter and Daniel over him, I love she has to chase him, to remind him of their past, that they basically get to fall in love again. As long as it's written like that. It's like the real Jack has come back, just with no memories. I'm here for it right now. Jennifer really went on my [!@#$%^&*] list during the Daniel years. She was horrible. Hope's suffering a similar fate with Rafe, IMO. But not nearly as bad because Bo isn't around for Hope to berate and push away. Daniel ruined Nicole and Chloe too and I haven't really liked Kate much since her dalliance with him. And even Chelsea was falling all over him in his first year or two. Lawd.

12 hours ago, AlexElizabeth said:

It'll always make me laugh how often this show brings Xander back. I had to laugh at how he was all, "I have to be in stealth mode," and then at the end of the episode he's playing on his laptop on that extremely popular park bench off the square 😂

 

lol. Telfer plays it so campy you can't help but enjoy it even though it's all a bit ludicrous. 

 

And LOL at the that tidbit. I didn't even catch that. Stealth mode but yet he's hanging around for an hour in the park with Eve chatting away about all their schemes? And then sits on a laptop in public? I can't ... that's why I tell people to stop expecting logic from a soap ;) lol we'll drive ourselves nuts!

 

I think if Telfer cut his hair and choose a different acting range, I'd have accepted him as an EJ recast back in the day. Not now, but then, maybe. But they never knew what they wanted EJ to be. He was a mess of a character. I wish they left him dead.

 

17 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Finally caught up with the two episodes....not bad...the best part was the Gabi and Abby scenes.

Lawd.....Will.....wait..no comment:D

I'll let that pass too.:)

 

I know boo, the truth hurts :) I still love him and would jump his bones any chance I got ;) But he was not good. Doesn't help that Flynn's been checked out for years and so has Freddie. At least Rikaart is trying to camp it up and have fun.

 

I think I really hate the way his hair is styled. I want to push it down and back SOOOO bad it's so distracting. I'm weird, I know :) I embrace I'm weird ...

 

Soapsuds :wub: you know I love ya

 

This last episode wasn't too bad. I enjoyed Abby vs. Gabi (was nice to see Camila rise to the occasion and she gave a good performance). God it is so nice to see the REAL Abby back. Miller's Abby would never be given any of these scenes and she'd play it so meekly and quiet. She's not a bad actress but Abby wasn't for her. Kate Mansi, love her or hate her, just has a strong presence about her that makes you take notice. Miller blends into the wallpaper.

 

I enjoyed the episode. Was nice to see Julie and I like they have Chad berating himself (the writing did a number on him). I think Julie was a tad pushy and Chad should have to suffer for a bit but I understand what they were going for. It's nice to see Julie continue to take her rightful spot as matriarch. MORE OF THIS!

 

I'll take about the last couple of episodes so some things may blend together ...

 

I enjoyed Justin flatly saying HELL NO to representing Gabi. And could Rafe have been more of a smug [!@#$%^&*] towards Hope? I kind of hated Hope for a while after the Stefano debacle but I actually think she deserves better than that lunkhead. Hopefully she jumps Ted's bones eventually. But like Jennifer, Hope just doesn't really work with anyone else but Bo. Just how it is. They're too desperate to pair people up.

 

I liked Hope seeing Jack and her reaction was LOL. I mean, how can anyone react to a presumed dead person walking around Salem? They should be so immune to this by now. (Reminds me how they had Adrienne quip "another long-lost Horton" or something like that on New Years; "what, ANOTHER person back from the dead? Ok, next ...")

 

I liked Hope and Jennifer finally sharing scenes but it feels so empty and hollow anymore because they rarely have scenes together. And Kristian just lacks warmth now, IMO. Hope's always been a bit edgy but I feel like Kristian plays her sort of cold fish. Hope was never "team Jack" though, IMO. "Same old Jack" ... yes and THANK GOD. Have a seat Hopeless.

 

I'm really sort of dreading Leo getting a mother. I just feel so burned out from Gloria and Kevin that I can't help but dread the airtime they'll get. But at least it's different characters and Leo's far more entertaining than Kevin ever was. So there's that. And Chapman, IMO, belongs more on DAYS than Y&R but I like Gloria now in small doses, she's used well. My main annoyance at Chapman joining is that she isn't going to be Anjelica. But I guess "Diana" can serve a similar role. I'd just prefer Anjelica, especially with Jack back.

 

Oops, forgot because they're already boring me to tears but meh to JJ/Haley. Maybe it will get interesting soon?

 

She's related to Trask, which I very much could be here for ... I just knew Ron would find a way to use her and keep her around, lol, Melinda is a trip; I'm shocked he never wrote for Anne, she would have been right up his alley; oh well

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I don’t think I hated Abby not testifying against Gabi especially after Gabi layed out everything Abby did when I wasn’t watching. But I still also remember that Gabi held Abby’s best friend at the time underground with the crazy guy in I think the story that actually killed Jack if I remember right.

 

Yeah, pretty sure Gabi was basically responsible for Jack's death in some way, lol. They even showed flashbacks of the elevator crash. I'm surprised they haven't touched on Gabi's desperation for Chad way back when too. Sometimes they really nail the history and other times they ignore what should be mentioned. But I'm good with no flashbacks or no MelaME mention.

 

I mean, Camila isn't leaving so Gabi was never going away. I'm not really surprised Abby just wants to drop the charges and move on. Abby once again is being the bigger person. I'm glad they established they will never be friends. They never should have been over the last few years.

19 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I try to think what my reaction would be if I were one of the long term characters in Salem who have seen so many of their loved ones actually come back over the years. I guess after a while it would be like a nice surprise but also something you half expect lol

 

Exactly. Hope's reaction was LOL worthy to me. It's what I'd personally expect after someone's come back from the dead like three or four times (and let's not forget Hope "died" once too and came back with no memory -- this isn't a new concept for Salem to deal with -- it just happened with Will!). You can't pretend anymore that it's some huge shock when someone is alive again, so I'm glad they don't. I understand Gray Bunny wanting different reactions but practically the entire town has been brought back from the dead at one point or another. No one should be shocked. I got a good reaction from Jennifer, JJ, Adrienne and Abby so that's all I care about. And Eve's flashback reaction was pretty good.

 

Kind of random, but I sort of love how they have Eli be the one who's incredulous and basically thinks the entire town is nuts. Anyone else notice how Lamon plays things sometimes like "man, this town is NUTS" ... and I love it. Eli and Lani were somewhat cute this week I suppose but they never had anything really before they shacked up and he knocked her up and even that was mostly off-screen or one or two days out of the month. I knew they were going in that direction with them but they really never built them up, IMO. It's hard to be invested. I'd like to be. It's nice to see Eli loosen up around her. He's too stuffy with everyone like they're bothering him, which I get, soap characters can be annoying as hell ;) 

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

Kind of random, but I sort of love how they have Eli be the one who's incredulous and basically thinks the entire town is nuts. Anyone else notice how Lamon plays things sometimes like "man, this town is NUTS" ... and I love it. Eli and Lani were somewhat cute this week I suppose but they never had anything really before they shacked up and he knocked her up and even that was mostly off-screen or one or two days out of the month. I knew they were going in that direction with them but they really never built them up, IMO. It's hard to be invested. I'd like to be. It's nice to see Eli loosen up around her. He's too stuffy with everyone like they're bothering him, which I get, soap characters can be annoying as hell ;) 

 

Yes, Eli/Lamon is  💗   I liked his nod to "GET OUT" when they did the goofy Halloween episode. He did the same thing a year earlier when he posted the Horton family Christmas photo around the tree and he was the only black dude in the photo. 

 

Now if only they'd pair him with someone who isn't lifeless (Lani) or comic relief (Sheila). 

 

Re: Hope/Jack.  Anyone remember back in '95 when Mark Valley's Jack and Hope (aka Gina) became friends?  I thought they actually had good chemistry together. If Mark Valley's primetime career is drying up, it'd be great to have him back in Salem as a different character for Hope to fraternize with. (Wishful thinking... I'm sure there's an unspoken agreement not to bring up anything from that era that would make Missy uncomfortable....) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

 

Yes, Eli/Lamon is  💗   I liked his nod to "GET OUT" when they did the goofy Halloween episode. He did the same thing a year earlier when he posted the Horton family Christmas photo around the tree and he was the only black dude in the photo. 

 

Now if only they'd pair him with someone who isn't lifeless (Lani) or comic relief (Sheila). 

 

Re: Hope/Jack.  Anyone remember back in '95 when Mark Valley's Jack and Hope (aka Gina) became friends?  I thought they actually had good chemistry together. If Mark Valley's primetime career is drying up, it'd be great to have him back in Salem as a different character for Hope to fraternize with. (Wishful thinking... I'm sure there's an unspoken agreement not to bring up anything from that era that would make Missy uncomfortable....) 

 

I thought they did too and it was nice they were friends, but later Hope was seemingly Team Daniel like the rest of Salem. And I didn't hate Valley as Jack, but to be fair, he was my first Jack (Matthew Ashford is the only Jack, though, to me, but Valley was a solid recast, though Jack probably shouldn't have been recast to begin with ...). I thought the initial return of Jack under Valley had potential but it slowly went into Reilly suckness and Reeves "exiting" didn't help later.

 

I feel like Peter's been mentioned randomly once or twice but it would be so much better if they COULD or WOULD acknowledge that part and how they overcame a DiMera. Unless it happened and I missed the mention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I really hear Ciara say to the serial killer Ben that she’s dating who tortured her cousin Abby, killed her other cousin Will, and killed her cousin JJ’s girlfriend..”how can you say that after the things he’s done to the people that I love?” 

 

This is is the kind of [!@#$%^&*] that makes you turn off a show. Just completely nonsensical stuff like that.

Edited by Antoyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

 

  

I know they filmed those scenes last summer but its January in Salem. I dont know many who walk around in only underwear at home during the winter months in the Mid-West

Edited by John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Did I really hear Ciara say to the serial killer Ben that she’s dating who tortured her cousin Abby, killed her other cousin Will, and killed her cousin JJ’s girlfriend..”how can you say that after the things he’s done to the people that I love?” 

 

This is is the kind of [!@#$%^&*] that makes you turn off a show. Just completely nonsensical stuff like that.

 

I just can't get behind this Ben/Ciara pairing. It doesn't make any sense to me. I like Ciara but she just looks like a moron going on and on about how Ben is a changed man and he's so good now, simply because Ben said so and Marlena said so. I like Ben too but his redemption is a load of hooey. He's obviously not that changed if he still has no problem kidnapping people, only now he does it for money. Just let him be a gray character and stop having constant dialogue about how he's such a changed man now.

 

I like both characters, I like both actors, they're both gorgeous, and I suppose they have decent enough chemistry... but the pairing just doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

I feel like Peter's been mentioned randomly once or twice but it would be so much better if they COULD or WOULD acknowledge that part and how they overcame a DiMera. Unless it happened and I missed the mention.

 

They've only mentioned Peter a couple times in the DiMera household and during the story 2 years ago with everyone on that sad looking island where Paul contracted Jungle Madness. But in terms of Jennifer Rose Horton, it's like Peter never existed. I'm sure we'll get Hawk or Emilio to return before Peter! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...