All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Good catch. Probably just for the promo, but a lovely moment - in many ways Jeremy feels like the one great passionate romance Erica got to have.
  3. The Terms of Endearment theme over that Jeremy & Erica scene ... It's a bit of music that made the daytime rounds. CBS used it to promote the soaps during its 1984-85 affiliate reel. Anyway, I wonder if it was just for the promo or used in the actual episode.
  4. Martha Byrne in a talk with SOD Podcast claims when she originally auditioned in 1984 for ATWT's Lily, she was up aganist Lucy Deakins (who got the job) & Amy Locane (Melrose Place, Cry Baby) Martha also states that OG Lily, Lucy Deakins took the film The Boy who could fly & in doing so broke her ATWT contract & Martha was brought in the next day to take on Lily EDIT TO ADD: Martha on SOD Podcast said her 2008 exit began as a contract issue but the reason she left was because of a power struggle from the other side and that wasnt ok & became dark. So she couldnt go back to work there. Edited just now by John
  5. Today
  6. (I wish Susan had kept this nose)
  7. Biden still got around 40% of the black vote in Nevada. I think what is going to hurt him in SC where he polls second, is the split vote. If Amy and Pete dropped out now, Biden would easily win SC and he'd be in a better shot for Super Tuesday. Texas and Florida would complete the turnaround for Biden. The problem is, nobody is going to drop out. There isn't a leader who can go to an Amy or a Pete and tell them to stand down and run for Governor or Senate. They have absolutely no logical path to the nomination even if Biden and Bloomberg drop out, so it's just a shame they won't drop out so he can unite the moderate vote. Bernie is gonna end up winning everything with 30-40% of the vote and then people gonna be looking crazy wondering why he isn't polling better in a head to head with Trump.
  8. Yes. She was hired to bridge the gap between Laura recasts. And to be Mickey's psychiatrist. So I would assume 46 would be a bit too old for the part regardless, but 29 and as beautiful as DH might have been a little different than the original character concept.
  9. Martha Byrne in a talk with SOD Podcast claims when she originally auditioned in 1984 for ATWT's Lily, she was up aganist Lucy Deakins (who got the job) & Amy Locane (Melrose Place, Cry Baby) Martha also states that OG Lily, Lucy Deakins took the film The Boy who could fly & in doing so broke her ATWT contract & Martha was brought in the next day to take on Lily EDIT TO ADD: Martha on SOD Podcast said her 2008 exit began as a contract issue but the reason she left was because of a power struggle from the other side and that wasnt ok & became dark. So she couldnt go back to work there.
  10. Wasn't Marlena initially a short-term role until Deirdre became popular with fans?
  11. Still bet Summer was driving but both were drunk and after the accident she put Mags in the driver seat & took off Based on spoilers ive seen for the week pf 3/2 i don't see Evan lasting much longer That sucks cause they wasted a capabl;e actor on a waste of space role
  12. I feel Chandler still plays Will has this insecure introvert like he did back in 2010 I saw his maggie scenes as Will being nervous & not wanting to say what she did but proding her to remember I loved his scene with Vic. He was angry at him but I wouldnt buy for a second that Vic is gonna help Will get an earkly release As for Freddie, I liked his anger as Sonny with Gabi as she wasnt thinking of Ari at all At the same time, he should have dialed back the yelling and facial expressions a bit
  13. Hopefully they didnt retcon that Ed and Crystal never married & he had 2 more kids with Random wife #2
  14. Thanks for the promo. I am obssessed with 80 - 82. I know it is considered a mess, and I think that is why I want to see it so much, haha.
  15. Yeah It always boiled down to the emotions of the characters and how they played off of one another...that seemed to build up the tension and bring it to the surface, then fizzle it out when needed, if that makes sense...it's part of the DNA of Bill Bell's Y&R! Thanks for that @yrfan1983! I've never seen that promo! Man to actually see more of those episodes!
  16. Reading through DAYS early history (thanks to the brilliant @JAS0N47 , of course), and in my reading of the monthly summaries, I'm increasingly finding Dr. Greg Peters to be a sanctimonious ass and it's getting on my nerves. Having never seen him on the show in any episodes that have popped up online, I'm curious to know what others' opinions of his character were, watching day-to-day. They also glaze over a (to me, understandable) overprotectiveness Susan Martin had over her daughter, Anne, but only refer to it in reference to the litany of complaints Greg had about Susan. Was this really how Susan was with Anne, or was it down to Greg feeling resentful toward Anne for subconsciously reminding him that Anne was actually Eric's baby?
  17. At 7:21 of this vid, very short and fuzzy Christmas 1981 YR promo of carolers singing for young Chuckie at the hospital. Hadn't seen this promo before https://youtu.be/u6L68ARtFzI
  18. Guns 'N Roses did a cover of "Since I Don't Have You" back in the early '90s. Axl Rose being Axl Rose had to add in a line to the song that I think encompasses the whole Democratic position as of now: "Yep, we're f-u-c-k-e-d."
  19. I liked Rusty. I didn't like Johnny. Didn't hate him either. But i him found boring. I liked James Goodwin on AW better.
  20. Agreed. There was much more balance in the 90's with the Newman's. I would say Nick being aged up was where things changed, but no too much. He did become more of a focal point, but not so much at the expense of the rest of the show. The fact that in the 90's you still had Sheila/Lauren and Nina/David as well as Jill having her stories and bringing in the Winters/Barbers. There was still a lot going on that had nothing or little to do with either The Abbott's or Newman's. I always got the feeling Bill Bell learned his lesson from making JLB's Lorie too important and too much the star of the show. He seemed to never do that again, even if he did have favourite characters he liked front and centre. I do agree though. The mob stories in 83 and 85 were okay but not spectacular. The whole reason I love Y&R is the pscyhology of the characters, it was fascinating to see what they would do next, how they would react to certain situations etc... There is a great scene when John had a heart attack after an arguement with Victor. Nikki rips through him for what has happened, but you can tell Nikki is really raging about so many other things under the surface that she hasn't been able to express. Add to that Victor refuses to back down, but you can tell Nikki is making him feel guilty, an emotion he would rarely if ever admit to. This was always the beauty of Y&R, so much going on beneath the surface.
  21. I might be wrong to say this, but I think Bill Bell was never all that great with the more "action" like events the show did....It's not a bad thing, but I can't argue other soaps did those type of scenes better. Bill was more of a psychological soap writer, playing out all the emotional beats until the climax, which is why a lot of later writers ruined the show trying to make it like every other soap.
  22. I have a little more mixed feelings about Johnny (all the singing mainly and I don't know if he was a leading man - he's OK though) but I liked Rusty. There was a real sweetness about Terrell Anthony that I connected with.
  1. Load more activity