Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think the Horton's being a fractured family is realistic.  A lot of families aren't as close knit as they used to be, especially if they're a toxic family unit.

With that said, Ron C does fit this show.. but he still is a misfire as a writer.  He needs a strong co-head writer to reign him in and slap him upside the head when he comes up with this stupid plots.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, the fantasy of family on soaps was much more of a draw than the fantasy of romance, and that resonates even more in our fractured, isolated society today. It was a missed opportunity for the Eli story: his betrayal of JJ should have been a betrayal of his newfound family. The bonds of family up the emotional stakes of story.

It’s sad that everyone is in their bubble: Jennifer with Eric and Eve; Abby with Chad and Stefan; Will with Sonny and Paul and Leo; Hope with Rafe; Eli with Lani; and so on. They didn’t have a lot of opportunities to intersect; for example, to have Jennifer multitask her obsession with Eric and Eve’s blackmail with an interest in her own daughter’s mental illness. Or an ongoing interest in her son’s mental illness. Or even a real acknowledgement within that family of shared mental illness and trauma.

A lot of that is budget, sadly, but it has robbed soaps of a lot of their richness.

Oh FFS. Let’s hope that remains a rumor because it’s too stupid for words.

• Members

I posted a bunch of thoughts on the show and they disappeared ugh.

I will way I’m happy Mansi is back to play the Jack is back storyline. Though Abby’s reaction to JJ was pretty weak considering he died saving her. She made up for it when she first saw him though. Those scenes were great.

Matt Ashford looks great.

I would love to know what Chandler Massey is constantly laughing about? Is it because he’s making a decent paycheck to put in zero effort?

• Members

I never see this smiling/smirking other people refer to!

Please register in order to view this content

There was a scene where Will gave a strained smile when he watched Leo kiss Sonny at the Christmas reading at the hospital. I saw it as many people tend to smile nervously when they feel uncomfortable in a situation and don't know what to do. It's the over the top reactions so actors give I have more problems with.

• Members

I've only seen the first 15 min of today's show but was hoping that Will and Chad would just make out. Both without anyone and rekindle their friendship and say eh [!@#$%^&*] it and hit the sheets....LOL

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It was SO weird to see Sarah and Adrienne together in the Kiriakis living room! All those people living in that house almost never walk into each other's storylines!

It's been like a stupid version of Dark Shadows' Parallel Time.

• Members

I'm convinced the Kiriakis mansion is a set production decided to just keep up to save $$ -much like that horrible little side park where everyone meets up or the "every room" that has been everyone's office, hospital room, Horton Center, hotel room, etc.- the room with the two doors and the small window.  As a result, random people who shouldn't even be at the Kiriakis house are playing out their whole storylines there. I'd love a line from Victor wondering why the hell all these people are always in his house.

I agree. I like both actors, but together they are snoozeville. There's no chemistry, no spark. I think it's hurt Hope the most. She needs to be paired with a much more dynamic character.

Archived