GH October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, it would have been more plausible for Scotty Baldwin to be Oscar's lawyer, and for Alexis to fight the good fight as a lawyer on behalf of her former son-in-law, who she had gotten along with rather well, once it was determined he was not Jason.  That said, yes, Alexis certainly did deserve the slap!  I am still in awe about how quickly the writers transformed Oscar from puppy dog cute into a totally unsympathetic whiner.  Maybe part of the problem is, they are not dramatizing Oscar's physical suffering and pain enough.  Everybody is doing alot of talking about the tumor, but, as a viewer, all I see is a bratty teenager, not a suffering person who is clearly not thinking straight.  

I think the show is so much better with Genie back, by leaps and bounds.  I am in no way implying that none of the same problems that have been plaguing the show are still not there.  They are, but, they are easier for me to deal with with GF back home.

If what the rumor mills are saying is proven to be true, I'm kind of sad that Kiki will end up being one of Ryan's victims, because now, with Kiki being a constant thorn in Ava's side, the dynamic between Kiki and Ava is the most interesting it has ever been.  I'd prefer to see alot more of it.  

• Members

There is so much potential on this show right now that a few casting changes would help.

I enjoyed Braun as Carly, but I find her in scenes with Bobbie and Jason to be a distraction, and her portrayal to be timid.  Sarah Brown really made Claudia work on this show.  She had stronger writing and costars though.  Kim is a drip.

Julian is pointless.  

Liz should be with either Drew or Jason.  Those pairings make sense and do not depend on making Franco work.

Better actor as Oscar and that story would have potential too.  It has the trappings of an old fashioned soap tale.  The kid taking his parents to court for a right to die on his terms.  It’s soapy gold.

Every time I see Nina all I can think is everything with her would work better if she was Kate.  They could have used the coma angle, the lost (given away) kid from when she was younger.  I’m also talking about original recipe Kate Howard, not the DID mess.  I think Stafford would make a better Kate than the last one too.

The scene with Carly and Laura talking about Ferncliff was effective because Wright really sold her painful experience.

I love Kevin, but the dark part of me wishes that once it was all revealed we would learn Ryan has been a figment of Kevin’s fractured mind the whole time, and it has been Kevin all along that is once again psycho.

Over the years I have seen Genie demonstrate chemistry with Tony, Sonny, Robert, Mac, Stefan and of course, Luke.   But I don’t see anything with Kevin.  

I will give the writers credit.  These stories should be working.  The production side (casting and how the stories are told) is doing them no favors.

I love seeing Monica and Bobbie, but I’m kind of glad it is in small doses.  Even though both of them look closer to themselves than they have at times, their bad work is still distracting.  I don’t know why Zeman had such major and ultimately damaging plastic surgery in the late 1990’s.  The shape of her face changed and it has been strange to watch her ever since.  She was a vital character to me before this and I still enjoy seeing her, just in small doses now.

• Members

Sam’s disguise looked so stupid.

The set she and Spinelli were interrogating Margaux’s mother on looked familiar.  Was that the old set of Elizabeth’s house?  It also looked kind of like Laura’s old house but from a differnt angle too.

By the way- having scenes with Elizabeth’s house and this house but both are painted and styled almost he same is not good.  The should not seem like they are the same place.  There are plenty of paint colors, why does everything have to be a shade of green, white and blue on this show?

Was Laura in Ferncliff?  I can’t remember if that was always the name of the mental facility outside Port Charles.

• Members

A few things ...

As a Tamara fan, I feel let down. This storyline is horrible. Kim is boring, Oscar sucks and I hate Julian. She is way too good for this mess. I just want her back as Carly if she's going to be on the show. 

Please register in order to view this content

I actually loved Carly during the Tamara years. She was one of my favorites but LW has made me hate the character. I wish she'd leave town already.

I can't get behind Franco and Liz. I tried but I can't. Roger and Becky look like they're in two different scenes at times. That scene with Aiden's teacher made me cringe. And why was Franco doing most of the talking? They can't even let Liz be the lead in a story about her own child? Let the character of Franco go. This is ridiculous.

I don't care about Nina, therefore, I don't care about Sasha. Peter is pointless. As is Maxie. I'm happy GF/Laura is back but I wish they'd recast Lulu. 

Finally, can the writers just stop with Jasam? I have never liked them mainly because I have never liked Sam. I have always thought she was a ridiculous character and I still hate that they made Alexis her mother. The propping of this so-called "supercouple" over the past week was insane. Spinelli and Kristina are embarrassing. 

• Members

What was with the strange way Anna and Finn were sitting in bed at the beginning of the show today?  It was so odd.

I enjoyed Anna’s smugness when meeting with Britt.  I still love Finola after all this time.

Are we chemistry testing Michale and Margaux?  She will eat Duell alive.

• Members

This Margaux story is pointless and boring because Sonny, Jason and Carly always win. I am sick of TPTB constantly trying to convince us that they're the "good guys". Elizabeth Hendrickson should have been a Sarah Webber recast and they could've made her an interesting character this time around. Instead, they're wasting her. 

And I'd give anything for them to bring someone like Britt back. Get rid of Maxie and Lulu to pay for her.

Archived