GH October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, Jackie was talking about it in a SOD article recently. I love it when people take something they love and turn it into a business. Or something they want to go. I believe she does have some scenes coming up so I take that to mean she is still on GH as well. 

Legit show.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was on this last week I think (how many months/weeks ahead do they tape?). She had scenes with both Carly's. I liked her scenes with Kim and we got a BJ mention. Nothing spectacular but I take what I can get.

Not like she's leading story. But they use her sparingly so I imagine not much will change, unless she suddenly becomes unavailable because of her other show. Not sure how much time/demand that one takes up, I haven't seen it yet (I kind of forgot about it, lol, but I'm not watching much new on TV anymore; I'm happy in my rerun nostalgia bubble)

I also see they're shipping Mac and Felicia off on vacation to Africa. I guess so they miss the bulk of the Ryan stuff? Unless something happens I'm not aware of. But sigh. Would it be that hard to use her too?

I actually managed to watch most of this last week (and a half, maybe). Lots of it was on mute, won't even lie. I also apologize if I mix up weeks. I catch up in batches ... and sometimes it blurs together

Please register in order to view this content

I really really really really REALLY despise Franco hanging all over Liz like they're some power couple. It just [!@#$%^&*] bugs me to no end how hard they've tried to make Franco and Julian "good guys". MAKE IT STOP. My God. Why do the casuals accept this crap?

Can Ryan kill Kiki already please? Lawd. (This is NOT a spoiler, I honestly don't know if he does or not but I WANT him to)

Someone really likes Maura West. They write her some good stuff even when Ava's a [!@#$%^&*] mess. Even when Ava's written into many corners, I personally like West and enjoy Ava. She's proof, for me, that I'm willing to accept new people with familiar faces. But they've just overall done a better job (which isn't saying much, mind you) of defining her more.

I'd much rather watch her than Nina and Stafford sniveling and tripping over herself. Who on earth besides Frank and Varni care about Valentin winning Nina back by using her daughter to do it. It's wash/rinse/repeat. It's Julian/Alexis all over again. 

William deVry should have been playing Tom Hardy (last played by Matthew Ashford). I could have gotten behind that.

And as much as I love Curtis and Stella and TJ (and semi-like the new Jordan), when I hear talk of "Tommy" etc. I just sigh and get annoyed because of, you know, "Tommy Hardy (Jr.)" ... ugh

So many things wrong with GH. Why should anyone give two shits about Elizabeth Hendrickson as Margaux? I don't mind her, and I didn't mind Budig either, but these characters they play are wastes. They're at least trying to give her some depth I suppose. She's already a more developed character than I find Nina to be (again, not saying very much ...)

The show is SO bad I actually LIKED Jason and Sam sharing scenes. I smiled. Hell has frozen over folks!! I used to despise them as a couple. I think I'm just that desperate for focus on actual GH characters I care about (even if I don't always like them, I'm still somewhat interested I suppose. *Shudders inside*)

I liked the brief focus on Monica, but it felt sort of blatant like another way to make us feel sorry for Oscar and care about him. Instead of that, how about SHOWING US his close relationship with Monica? What about that? Stop telling us and SHOW US. That's how we learn to care. But the actor's so bad he makes the Cam and Joss actors look fantastic (though I don't dislike the three of them like some do).

They keep going on about all the losses Monica had. Well, you know, Damon seemed to be able to work and you could have recast Emily with Ashley Jones and brought them back from the dead (I know it's ridiculous at this point and having all three back from the dead would have been nuts but I think it could have been doable in a Carlivati sort of way and I'm annoyed it wasn't) and Frank, well, where's AJ?  

Sasha. Jesus. It's Britt's twin. My God!  How sad is it that I already like her more than her annoying twit of a mother? And I assume she's for Griffin?

And what's up with Chase? I'm surprised he's not paired with anyone. Will he and Val fight over Kristina? Gag me.

• Members

It's so awful. It was particularly embarrassing even five years ago, when OLTL and AMC 2.0 were running on Hulu and showing actual iPhones and screens. Meanwhile you cut to GH and they have "SpyderFinder" and rinky-dink PBS kids' shows graphics on the phones!

• Members

GH: I get Oscar has Cancer & That's horrible put I cant with all this poor pity me crap and now divorcing his parents. Lets get to him agreeing to the treatment and soon please

I do wonder if Nora Buchanan will represent Drew & Kim?

• Members

I get that these screens only show up for a few seconds, but they look sooo amateurish. I know good designers who could mock something up more professional-looking in a few minutes. Or better yet, like you say, use actual iPhones unless there’s some sensitivity about displaying branded products without an ad buy. When dollar-store DAYS is handling characters’ use of modern technology better than you, there’s a problem lol.

• Members

Posted this on another forum as a response to a question about the list Laura found in Kevin’s office today:

Ryan’s kill list:

1. Linda
2. Suzanne
3. Gloria (Felicia saw him kill her, setting off the whole story where Felicia lost her memory, and knew Ryan as Todd Wilson in 1992.)
4. Michelle (played by actress Alicia Brandt in ‘93, Ryan killed her.)
5. Deborah
6. Helen
7. Magi (?) I cant make the name out.
8. Jessica (Jessica Holmes, played by Starr Andreeff was a lawyer, Sean Donely cheated on Tiffany with, Ryan killed her.)
9. Connie (Connie Cooper, Ryan’s councilor whom he murdered played by Amy Benedict in ‘95)
10. Felicia.

Can anyone refresh my memory on any of the other names?

Archived