GH October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I spoke with Anderson for about an hour, so she told me all sorts of stuff. I was very happy to learn that McLaughlin had a defender in Monty, even if the network executives didn't seem to care about the vets.

Thank God the sci-fi craze has diminished. I believe it was a major factor in destroying the genre. I don't need razzle dazzle on a soap either, just good acting, writing, and intriguing interpersonal relationships.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It’s true.  There is danger of different types- Laura, Felicia, Lucy, Carly, Lulu and Maxie have all caught his eye to varying degrees.  Then you have his therapy sessions with Ava, and it’s all very menacing in diffeent ways.

Oscar hasn’t been there long enough to truly invest in.  Plus the keeping people in the dark part is just stupid.  It’s the bad kind of soap writing.

Sonny does always win.

The only things that stops me from FF is the Ryan stuff, and Laura’s various homecoming scenes.

What’s up with that Cassadine watch that the time keeps sticking on?  When Alexis said that to Laura all I kept thinking was this must be something, otherwise why mention it?

• Members

Apart from his bitchy criticism of people's looks (which we're all guilty of) he gets it. LOL. I've been loving his tweets lately. And so much of Twitter hates what we do. I'm really surprised Frank and Varni ignore so much of it and let their pets continue to dominate and bore the rest of us to tears.

I really appreciated the info too. Thank you for sharing!

And I agree on the razzle dazzle. It hasn't helped the soaps really at all. All they try to do is create a buzz but they don't bother really writing for the characters anymore. I'm simplifying to not get too off topic but yeah, they've lost sight of what makes soaps really work.

• Members

I thought that, but it seems so out of place unless they are going to revisit that tale.

Still, it was good to see them together.  Why the show never went Luke/Alexis I will never know.  They were a much more plausible pairing than when he was with Felicia.  Except she already had a dark side, and Guza entire tripe was destroying the good in every character.

• Members

The thing about Oscar is that he's not a very good actor, he's not tied to anyone that important, and well he lacks that heartthrob good looks and/or charisma.  ASJ's Jagger was a pretty dim bulb character, but he was hot and had some onscreen presence plus he had decent scene partners.  Michael Sutton was super green when he started, but he also had good looks and charm plus good scene partners that he had chemistry with. 

While I think Joss is slightly better than Oscar they together are like watching paint dry.  Joss lacks the quirkiness of young Maxie or the spunk of teen Lulu, or sweet earnestness that Georgie had (which is the last teen set I can think of as being popularish-although I would go as far back as Lucky/Nik/Em/Liz, IMO).  I can't really tell you Joss's personality.  She is basically a good girl?  And Cameron, well, maybe they can recast him.  Joss is about as exciting a Jennifer Sky's Sarah Webber and we all saw the impact she had on the show.  Back when I loved GH I could honestly tell you Karen, Brenda, Robin, LIz, etc. motivations even if they were teens.  These teens are just bland.  Even decent ones like Molly, TJ, and Kristina have had crap writing and no real personalities.  I don't even know what age Molly is now.  College? 

I am not saying they all have to be involved with mobsters, contract AIDS, or get raped, but give them something better than this weird terminal illness.  And I just most likely gave more thought into the current teens than anyone at GH has.

• Members

Yes to all this.  These kids can’t carry this story, nor do I care about them doing it.

It’s all part of a larger issue with Frank. We used to get actors with good looks and talent, or good looks and charisma, and sometimes, they had or developed both.  Now it’s just bland.  There is no acting talent, and the sex appeal is antiseptic it’s so generic and tame.

Valentini has got to shoulder the blame, because that casting director used to find the right talent before Frank arrived.  I often found his OLTL characters as generic as GH has become.  Only it’s gotten worse.  At this point I would take any Ford brother over the bland men that keep showing up on GH.  And that is saying a lot, but at least I thought they were hot.

Not since Cole and Starr have I cared so little for a teen scene.

Archived