BTS harassment at Y&R

• Members

See we’ve known this though. This isn’t news. For years it was so polarizing to mention Victoria Rowell’s name, even here with many accusing her of being crazy. I always said I believed it. You don’t wanna believe your favorite soap stars are racist, but why would anybody think this is the only place there isn’t racist? Everything Victoria said was at the detriment of her very successful career in daytime, orimetime AND film. She knew it would hurt her but she did it for the greater good. Susan Dansby would not be there and we wouldn’t have had a Hilary to fight over had it not been for Rowell. 

I just hope as all this stuff gets revealed that she finally is vindicated. At the very least I’m happy with time more people are listening to what she’s been saying. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still see folks coming at HK for no reason on a daily and trying to put sexual harassment on her entirely. And yes Joey King gets alot of work and doesnt need to be on Life and Pieces so its hilarious people are saying Hunter needed to bring her on the show. Joey is a very successful former child actress and has a big following.

• Members

Y&R had the reputation of being arrogant and problematic, but this sounds like a complete horror show! It makes so much sense now why Victoria Rowell and perhaps even Brenda Dickson before her were so purposefully denigrated in the media as crazy. I have a niggling suspicion that the longtime vet on her way out and considering a legal suit is Eileen Davidson.

Steve Kent, Brian Frons and JFP all worked together on NBC and Santa Barbara in the 80s. Bullies of a feather flock together....

• Members

CBS and the lot of them are clearly reaping what they have sown, from the very top with Les Moonves, right down the line.

And no I haven't forgotten about Steve Kent.  He made himself a total nemesis with Rowell for years.  I sincerely hope he gets served his just desserts.  Talk about toxic masculinity.  Y&R is practically exhibit A.

• Members

It's always amusing to me to see folks call VR crazy  for her accusations while at the same time watching the show complaining about how black characters/actors are treated. I never doubted her. How could I when everything she says is on my screen 5 times a week in Technicolor. 

They're probably itching to black ball Mishael so she might want to lay low and let the chips fall where they may. 

• Members

Whoa whoa!!!!  Slow down angry people of color.  

I have been pro Hunter since MM assaulted her.  To this day I challenge MMbots who demand proof of his wrong doings.  Hunter was the victim, but does this mean she can't benefit from it?  We don't know the agreement made with CBS and HK and being a regular on a show is compensation just like cash.  Getting work and having  a steady prime time job is 2 totally different things.  CBS could easily keep HK on their good side for the cover up with the same amount of effort it took to blackball VR.   Let's not act brand new.

Since when it speculation no longer allowed, especially when it's reasonable?  When you guys do it?  #askingforafriend

He's the reason VR can't get some work on major networks!

• Members

Well, speaking hypothetically, why shouldn't she benefit from it? Wouldn't we demand some measure of compensation or reparations for any other actor harassed and done wrong on the job in any story we see in the news today? Or is it different if we watch Y&R and don't like Summer?

That being said, the facts are she both left the show and then came back again long after the Muhney incident. I see no evidence this young woman somehow waited several years to only then back Y&R into a corner and force her way back onto the show, or that the network did this to placate her. She is a reasonably popular and talented young woman in their preferred age range - that's why she's back. There is no evidence she engineered her poor frontburner stories (and I'm not speaking here to what Chit has posted, but other shít I've seen on this board). And there is certainly zero evidence that her little sister, who is a lot more in demand than she is outside of TV, is in any way linked to this. The only thing we have any evidence of is that Hunter King was sexually harassed at Y&R, and Y&R, Sony and CBS covered it up.

• Members

This is starting to make sense now. As I mentioned when CK went recurrent, she is the FOURTH high visibility female actor to move from contract status on Y&R in SIX months: MCE, MiM, ED and now CK. Can anyone name a similarly equivalent Y&R male actor that's been clipped during this period?  All four actors have hugely popular fanbases that have been earned, so it's not like they were chopping dead weight. 

• Members

I still see both women and men calling for his return.  It's crazy!  Some people really suffer from strange cognitive dissonance when someone they know or think they know are involved in sexual harassment incidents.   I just don't get it.

I hope Steve Kent is taken for all he is worth along with everyone else involved in harming these women.

Archived