Wigs, Comb Overs, Dye Jobs, Extensions etc...

• Members

I'd have to agree. Peter Bergman holds up well, fighting off aging as best as humanly possible, and he doesn't look unnatural. 

For awhile, it seemed all the DAYS men were purchasing the same brown hue from the drug store. Roman's is the worst. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tracey Bregman (Y&R) looks like she wears extensions that are long overdue to be taken out. I know everyone gets in a style rut from time to time but so many daytime actors, when they get to a certain age get stuck and try to hold onto the same style they had in their heyday. 

I remember seeing scenes of Robert Horton who I saw as Whit McColl on ATWT when I was a kid and I thought his hair was pretty scary back then.  Seeing it again in You Tube videos a few years ago, and I'd guess it was a hairpiece but then I was reading his NYT obit and there were some old B&W photos of him when he starred in westerns in the '60s and he had the same hairstyle!  I didn't know what to think after that except that his hairdo was unfortunate and it was even more unfortunate that he had it what looks like, pretty much his entire adult life.

• Members

I may be mistaken, but his eyes have looked weird for a while. My apologies if it's just age.

Count me out on the Drake natural hair bandwagon. He sticks out like a sore thumb now. I don't know if I'll ever understand the appeal of "silver." It would be sobering to see 98% of the cast with grey/white hair.

• Members

Maurice Benard with the shoe polish in his hair. Dude, you're 55. You're not fooling anyone. A few years ago there was a scene where Sonny was sweating and I SWEAR you could see a little bit of black stuff running down his from his hairline.

I appreciate that Drake Hogestyn has gray hair now.

• Members

That gray dye job at the temples that John McCook sported on B&B in the early years. They thought it would make him look old enough to be the father of all the adults playing his children (JM is of the same baby boom generation as the actors who played his kids.....LOL).

Mitt Romney must have been a fan since he sports that same temple dye job do. 

Everyone knows there's hardwood underneath that rug of Doug Davidsons.

On The Doctors reruns, David O'Briens (Steve) hair has been various shades of blonde.

• Members

I remember Tonya Williams subtly referenced it on an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show many years ago.  She entered the stage wearing her own hair in a pixie cut and I thought she looked so cute!  

I think that many of the West Coast soaps were really bad with curly and coily hair and when their budgets began to dwindle, even some of the East Coast soaps started to adopt some of those bad styling practices.

Archived