Wigs, Comb Overs, Dye Jobs, Extensions etc...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just gonna say Fath, she was always coloring it back and forth.  Then at one point she cut her hair without notifying them and they put her in some ugly wig.  DAYS hair department sent it to her when she started at OLTL.  There may still be a youtube video with her getting the gift.

• Members

This is a bit off-topic, but there was a video on YouTube a few years ago from the local Milwaukee CBS station where they went to Lake Geneva and interviewed a lot of the people Bill Bell based his Y&R characters on. The interview has to have been from the mid-to-late-80s. It was fascinating. There was a woman named Mrs. Chandler who insisted she was the model for Katherine. I only saw the video once and still look for it online every now and then to no avail.  

When I met Jeanne in the early 2000s, she wasn't wearing a wig, but they probably changed in her later years. 

I understand why actors would wear wigs because of all of the torture their hair takes from years of heat, dye, teasing, etc. Here's a delightfully bitchy article in The Hollywood Reporter about all of the stars & actresses who wear extensions; it's a fun read: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywoods-hair-extension-tension-why-stars-wont-admit-using-fake-locks-997013

• Members

When Tad and Brooke were getting married, that's the one time I remember Susan Lucci wearing a wig (that wasn't plot-related, e.g., French maid/Vegas showgirl) on AMC. It was a short number, like maybe they were just testing out the look. An interviewer asked her about wearing wigs on the show and she said "very rarely" and I think this was one of those rare instances.

• Members

They did the same thing with Vanessa Marcil in like 1995 when she cut her hair short without permission and had those awful hair extensions for months until it grew out.  They literally take me out of a scene sometimes when I am watching old Sonny and Brenda clips.  They are just the worst.

Isn't Deidre Hall know for wearing extensions at the very least.  Her hair grew back quite quick in 1997 after that horrible cut.

Archived