Best Soap Opera Opening

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t think many agree, but I quite liked the opening for Generations.

This, of course:

Majestic and beautiful yet simple and British.

If we’re also talking primetime, the Season One intro to Central Park West was so sexy.

There’s this Spanish soap Grand Hotel, which is sort of Downton Abbey on steroids, and it’s intro is sort of a marvel.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Days of Our Lives 1993-present is clearly the most iconic. When is the last time you can remember a soap opening lasting 25 years? It's so soapy and dramatic. Yeah, they shortened it in recent years, but at least they kept "Like sands through the hourglass..."

• Members

If I had to pick the three Best soap opera openings? -

1988-1999 Y&R opening credits

Guiding Light 1991-2002 open:

And of course, the timeless Days theme:

My FAVORITE ATWT opening I know isn't a fan favorite for everyone, but I'll share it anyways and that is the 1993-1999 opening: 

• Members

gosh that ATWT opening reminds me of the bad times on the show and I stopped watching.  It was such a contrast from the opening before.  But I see we have 2 in common at least!

I enjoy Hollyoaks.  I am enjoying it more because Nancy/Darren are not on.  I do hate Maxine though.  She is FF material for me.  I cannot wait for Grace to get her groove back and Bitch I'm Mercedes McQueen back!

• Members

BEST: All of the openings for Edge except the last one before cancellation. Horrible

Second Best: All the Guiding Light openings in early 1990s

Best update: AW under Goutman

Worst update:  GH current opening is absolutely horrible.  Fake outer space skyline.  Dumb orchestral accompaniment.  Inexplicable really...I've generally been a fan of Valentini's visuals on GH but not the opening.