Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Mal's been tanking the show with bad stories for a while.  There's no excuse for him not hiring a co head writer long ago.  His dismantling of the Abbott family has been his biggest failure. We're losing two leading ladies and stuck with f ucking Hunter King again.  Everyone was so happy when Sally left, but at least she was trying to fix the show.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually liked Sally, but she was just so damn boring! She needs someone who can do the action heavy and plot stuff well to balance her out. Hey stories were intriguing though and she developed character well. I wonder how she'd work with someone like Bob Guza. Say what you will, but the man can do events.

• Members

Has the mess on the previews and in the picture in this thread with Nikki and Sharon at the window....has that happened yet?

I tuned in today and see the angst over J.T. possibly being alive...now how would they explain that? He laid on the floor for 2 or 3 episodes and they said, no pulse, not breathing...and then buried him.  I know, suspend disbelief....but really?  That's just alot. 

• Members

I'm liking what I am seeing of this Nate so far. He definitely seems to have a no-nonsense attitude. I liked the way he handled Victor today. He didn't let Victor push him around. I also thought his scenes with Hilary were interesting.

And it seems like Neil wants him around because he might be going through some type of hard time. Neil mentioned how he needs to be around his family right now and Nate  looked a little sad. I want to learn what the backstory might be there. 

• Members

That's a huge problem if JT is actually "alive".  How would it be explained?  Low pulse/blood pressure?  Even if that's the case, he wasn't breathing either.  

Me too.  Good casting choice, IMO.  But I'm not getting too attached because my ass is leaving with Mishael.

I'm not here for Summer The Bad Girl.  Not because they've changed her characterization (Summer should have always been written with an edge in the first place.  Same with Lily but let's not beat a dead horse), but because I'm sure she's going to do a lot more shitty things than Hilary ever did and not get half the backlash that Hils got.

She's already stolen a car, had an affair with a married man (granted, offscreen) and went skinny dipping with her ex.  Hils was thrown to the wolves over tripping someone.  Girl, please.

• Members

I am definitely interested in seeing more of him. I want to see him interacting with  more of his family and also different characters on the canvas. I know with the news of Mishael there is only so much more we will see of him and Hilary . But I am interested in seeing whatever scenes we get of them despite of that news. I think that his attitude towards Hilary today was partly colored by what Neil told him about her. (In addition to him being no nonsense and her trying to pry into his business).

I could see him softening towards her if Devon tells him to ease off of her because they are together, and about to have a baby and if he got to know her better. I also want to learn what is Neil was talking about that made Nate look sad. Could he have had a girlfriend that maybe recently lost a baby or something like? Or maybe it's something else. Hmmm...

I also don't care for the way that Summer is acting. I don't like her acting sleazy around Billy and the way she is treating Phyllis. Even though I don't really care for Phyllis, I don't think that her daughter should be treating her like that. 

• Members

They better not have killed off Olivia.  Y&R is good for that sort of messiness.  Before anybody accuses me of exaggeration, think back on how the show announced Mary Williams' death and since Carolyn Conwell actually died IRL, you'd think they would've handled it with even more sensitivity but Nope.

I don't trust Y&R to respect the Olivia character.  They just might have offed her and announce it in passing later on.

• Members

I don't watch regularly and I admit it.  But there was an awkward line today about who his Mother was.  I was only half-listening but it made it sound like she had passed.  It might have been the Actor's reaction to Niel's question or something but I immediately thought - they've killed her off.  When this hack never wrote for her to begin with. 

Sad look on the Actor's face or it was something like that.  I think they did it. 

Archived