Taoboi

Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

On 7/1/2018 at 7:49 AM, Taoboi said:

YR-Video-Preview-370x260.jpg

What in the actual hell...?

OTOH, Sharon Case looks as if she's watching another dad-gets-whacked-in-the-nuts-by-daughter's-plastic-baseball-bat video on YT...and MTS just looks like she's re-enacting one of her scenes from "The Beguiled."

2 hours ago, Cat said:

source.gif

ED looks like she's still smarting from SONY's "no raises" stance.  ("Those sons-of-bitches....".)

27 minutes ago, Khan said:

OTOH, Sharon Case looks as if she's watching another dad-gets-whacked-in-the-nuts-by-daughter's-plastic-baseball-bat video on YT...and MTS just looks like she's re-enacting one of her scenes from "The Beguiled."

Hide contents

ED looks like she's still smarting from SONY's "no raises" stance.  ("Those sons-of-bitches....".)

She also looks like she's just seen Mal's ideas for the 'future' of the Abbott family.

Kudos mentioning MTS in The Beguiled. She totally looks like she belongs in 1970s psychosexual schlock. Sharon Case looks like she is outright laughing.

Edited by Cat

1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:
4 hours ago, Cat said:

giphy.webp

source.gif

1 hour ago, Khan said:

Reveal hidden contents

This soap has gone down the tubes. The pic above is cringeworthy.

Given what's on the new SOD cover, I assume that is also where the above picture was from. I could relate. Lol. I'm a few weeks behind so I'm not sure how I feel about that 'plot twist.' ;) 

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Sharon Case looks like she is outright laughing.

I guess she had to, in order to keep from crying.

Edited by Khan

I feel like the show is on some kind of treadmill. Mal Young needs a co-HW.

SN: Is that Michael Mealor using his actual speaking voice, or it an acting choice?

3 hours ago, SteelCity said:

I feel like the show is on some kind of treadmill. Mal Young needs a co-HW.

He needs to be gone.

11 minutes ago, koos said:

He needs to be gone.

I do appreciate that they went with fresh blood for a change. It needs to happen more often than the regular recycling bin of writing/producing teams.

Some of us said it when Mal too over: doing both jobs as Head Writer and Executive Producer is too much for one person. I think we’ve been proven right.

i actually think he’s been successful in the EP role. YR looks better than the other shows to me, and it’s not even close. The writing? That’s another story. 

It’s not working, and losing ED and MiM makes it even worse.

It's definitely not easy on a soap. A movie is one thing, it's got a time frame and a set story with a beginning, middle and end. With a soap you've got to have have ongoing consistent storytelling, and as EP you're also taking on production and network issues.

18 minutes ago, SteelCity said:

It's definitely not easy on a soap. A movie is one thing, it's got a time frame and a set story with a beginning, middle and end. With a soap you've got to have have ongoing consistent storytelling, and as EP you're also taking on production and network issues.

Wasn't that what Mal did at the BBC?