Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I haven't watched the soap in nearly a year until Summer came back..   Y&R is so bad! The JT storyline is so stupid, I'm amazed the actors can keep a straight face.   I noticed my least fave Mariah has become little more than wallpaper.  Shick reunion, lawd!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see Charlie and Shauna and Hilary's relationship with her as more stakes than the story would otherwise have. There is no drama at all in newbie Shauna who no one in town knows or  cares about coming in and finding out she's recast Nate's child. Olivia is 100% necessary for this story to be told sensibly. But they would have used Hilary in that role instead. She would be the one looking out for Shauna and Nate and fighting for their relationship and hating Shauna's mother for the lie. As if that makes any sense with her pregnant by and supposedly so in love with Devon. But hey, it gives her story so I guess that's something. 

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I really liked the scenes with the Winters family.  I am continuing to enjoy Brooks Darnell as Nate. I think that he comes across as very natural and I am really liking his vibe. In particular I enjoyed seeing Nate interact with Neil, Ashley and the twins. And I lol'ed at the annoyed looks he gives Hilary. The interactions between them are interesting. 

I am also glad that there was confirmation that Olivia is indeed alive and doing fine. It would be nice if she eventually showed up too. And I definitely wonder what the backstory is about him losing the love of his life. I'm thinking something happened to her and he tried to save her life. But couldn't and feels bad about that.

It was also nice to see Dina again. She hasn't been on that much as of late. I'm glad that Jack ultimately decided to put her well-being first today.

• Members

Decided to watch today’s episode to see Nate. It’s clear we were going to get a Devon/Hillary/Nate triangle if Mishael wasn’t leaving. I do like the actor though. Much better than the guy who played Jordan. Not sure what they’ll have him do once Hillary is gone.

• Members

He’s better than Jordan in every way. Hotter, more natural, more charismatic, connected to the canvas, etc. Probably won’t make a damn difference.

Sheesh. Well, when the British soaps take big swings, they really commit. Can you imagine if Cole and Victoria had really been siblings and had a kid? Or if Victor and Jack were made brothers, with the implications for Billy and Victoria’s kids? 

• Members

I wonder what they will do with him too. I hope he sticks around. I am really enjoying him and the way he is interacting with other characters, especially his family.  I also wonder what will happen with Shauna. Maybe she will move in with Lily and Cane. It seems like Lily has been acting more maternal with her lately. 

Archived