Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Maybe the same way Eric Braeden and his continuing downward spiral of an accent has. Snap.  Ok?  Ok.  Ok my boy? Ok.  At least he’s stopped that and doesn’t look sideways for help with his lines.  Ok? Ok.  

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can see why EB was employed during the soap's heydays.  I could understand his appeal.  But you're right that his time has passed.  

OTOH, I've never seen any quality in DG that would warrant his continuing presence on this show.

• Members

One of the few things Sussman appeared to do right was making Cane the pathetic loser we always knew him to be, and I felt DG played that remarkably well. I actually enjoyed that Cane. But the Lane fans obviously complained about Cane’s emasculation, and we saw DG kvetching on social media, basically helping kill the best material he’s ever had on the show.

• Members

I would be so bored if I were CK and DG, even if I had this adoring fanbase. You get no chance to switch up the routine. But maybe they are just lazy and collecting a paycheck so they can do interesting things in their personal lives, which is their right if they’re allowed to get away with it. They both have *some* talent (I know many disagree), so it’s a waste.

• Members

Hevon fans did the same yet the show continuously bit that hand. 

I think they both want to do other things. DG pretends he doesn't for the lane fans because he owes them loyalty. But CK doesn't even pretend like she doesn't want to move on. 

• Members

I can see it being dismissed as a cute little deathbed fantasy played as a joke, but it still felt odd to me that it was omitted, as if the script editors weren’t keeping track. Maybe it would have overtaxed the wardrobe budget.

All in all, it was a decent service. Loved Hilary’s notes to the survivors, although it still rankles that Phyllis was the one delivering them, giving her history with the Winters family. Neil’s speech also annoyed me, but I suppose it was in character.

• Members

I don't get the show insisting on playing Hilary and Neil as exes moreso than disapproving FIL. It's so weird to me considering they pretend Philly are some great love who never hurt jack. Jack gives her advice on Billy with no hint of malice or resentment in the dialogue. Yet Neil...

Archived