Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching yesterday's episode and while the Hilary and Jack scene was way too brief, I still loved it and it was the first time the story has made me tear up. Hillary and Jack truly was my favorite friendship on the show and he really never judged her and vice versa. I really hope we get one more scene with them, I really do.

The Lily scenes rang hollow to me. You hated this woman and you only feel bad now because you killed her.

Bryton has also been doing good work.

• Members

I guess they wanted to tie up everything with a neat, little bow where Lily and Hillary were concerned.  But, man, I still think it would've been so much juicier had Hillary used her last, grasping breaths to blame the [!@#$%^&*] out of Lily.  

• Members

Hillary should've lived. She finds out that Devon still sides with Lily and dumps his sorry ass. Later, Hillary dressed a la Deborah Shelton visits Lily and tells her to watch her back because one day she will pay for all that she has done to her and says "You'll hear from me again" and drives off in her car. Only to return a year later for her revenge.

• Members

I usually don’t like fanfic but my god this would’ve been a ten times better way for Hillary’s time to end. It truly has to be spite against Mishael for knowing her worth, to kill off Hillary in such a permanent way.

• Members

Even though Sony is likely prohibited from doing it for a while, I wish they'd axed KSJ instead of MiM. Neil's story has been played out, while MiM is a freaking star (OK I'm very biased.)  My second choice would be PB - heck his salary saving could probably pay for MiM & ED! Honestly, Ashley should be the head of the Abbott family instead of Aunt Jack. 

I do think it's interesting that Sony dumped 3 very high profile women on contract this year, but no men (RA never rose to more than supporting/recurring). And all we got in return was HHK, which was probably mandated by CBS since LIP isn't coming back until mid-season.

• Members

And the parade to Hilary’s bedside continued today.

Honestly, as I said yesterday, I hate this string of goodbyes. Total cliche-driven mess. Although Mishael has been great, I’m so pissed about her leaving that I can’t cry or feel for Hilary. I’m too angry about MiM.

i still can’t get over that Hilary is near death while EVERYONE else in that car crash is in great shape, with nary a frickin SCRATCH.

Tessa and Mariah are an insufferable BORE. I don’t give a rat’s ass about their relationship or their trumped-up problems. There’s no story there.

Nick starts Dark Horse, and 3 days later he’s hired top advisors and analysts and management? Guess he did all that between breaks at Crimson Lights.

• Members

TBH, I haven't been watching the show but I'm currently reading an article that discusses a trial for an Alzheimer's drug that is said to be showing great potential for slowing down the progression of the disease and looks to be reducing the plaques (associated with dementia) on the brain.

In case any Y&R execs are reading this: are you going to have Ashley, Jack and Traci decide to sign Dina up for a trial of this drug? 

C'mon Mal, here's a way keep Dina on with less misery and to stop bleeding talented actresses from your show.

You're welcome.

EDT: The patients in the trial are in the beginning stages of the disease or have mild symptoms but that's where the imagination comes in.  Perhaps the wrong medication protocol was what was causing Dina's symptoms to appear worse?  Whatever, Y&R needs to fix it because they're losing two talented actresses and others like Jess Walton and Beth Maitland are barely on.  What high-caliber actresses does this show actually have left? Grimes, who has been stuck in a subpar coupling and storyline? Who else?  Okay, there's Case and then Tognoni but what are their storylines?

• Members

The wedding was beautiful and lead up to it was well done.  I can see why Lily is upset but it's starting to be too much.  As long as they are resetting Devon's role in the Winters family by killing off Hils, let's do the same for Lily.  Have Cane succumb to a fall down the hospital's elevator shaft.  Or eat some contaminated food from the cafeteria.  Anything.  SOMETHING to get him off my screen.

Yes, the visits to Hilary have been schmaltzy and (at times) cliched, but they've been effective.  And I think @ajsp35801 mentioned, the music has been pretty much on point.  I'm still upset about they way Sony handled Mishael, but I'm going to watch her as long as I can.  

Tomorrow I'm going to be a mess.  

• Members

Whatever happened to just having a character realize that a town no longer serves a purpose for them and they leave.  They could of had Hilary decide to leave Genoa City to regroup, vowing to return once she has a new game plan in mind, and as she's waiting for her plane to take off.. there is a montage of Hilary/Devon's best scenes.. as well as Hilary's best scenes as a character.. than the plane takes off with Hilary determined to look ahead, but planning to return when the time is right.

Of course, that requires imagination and creativity... which Mal Young lacks in spades.

Archived