Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure how far ahead they tape, but I do think a big reason why Devon may not have been seen is because they may have wanted Nate to save Hilary. But maybe once they got the news that Misheal wasn't resigning they changed the direction.

I'm not sure if they will go with A Nate /Devon rivalry now. And I'm fine if they don't do that. I didn't like it when they had Neil/Devon be rivals multiple times.And I don't want Nate to darkened up to push a rivalry with Devon.

I rather see Devon have some time to grieve with support of Neil/Nate and have them eventually have separate love interests. I think that there could be enough drama from it coming out that Lily ran the red light that caused the accident.

• Members

How would that have been better for Hilary?

The Newmans are every bit as boring as the Winters.

Because Y&R is desperate to keep a non-Newman or Abbott white male in JM's age range around.

Meanwhile several of Y&R's vets are receiving little to no airtime.

• Members

Girl, no. No, he really is not interesting even to us white folk.  Maybe they think so , but no.

Please register in order to view this content

I will never understand why they keep bringing him back. Even the ratings suggest he is not helping the show, so why do they persist?  Is he the only white guy in the world or what? I'd rather see Lily go for Billy if they just won't cast her with an AA.

• Members

This week’s episodes feel like a new writing team walked in, read character bios off a sheet of paper, and then started doing their own thing. 

It reeks of “The ratings are down and we need to change things quickly and we don’t have time to study history or character motivation or any of that stuff.”

The Tessa/Mariah coupling reeks of mothballs and desperation. They were afraid to do it before, but now it’s ok...when no one cares. smh.

i’m a Josh Morrow fan, as everyone here knows, and I think he IS Nick. However, this nuNick is NOT Nick. JM is either playing it wrong or being badly directed or the writing has made him impossible to believe, but it’s not working.

if the old, laid back, mellow Nick took over and took control like this, I might buy it. I don’t buy a Nick in an expensive suit, walking around like a Wall Street as$wipe. It doesn’t work.

And the Newman family summit is held at the GCAC? Seriously??? Eric Braeden looked bored to tears and disgusted with the entire sham.

i think Hilary’s exit has been botched, too. What were those emotional scenes this week all about? Just to give the actress a way to say goodbye? Unless they tie those scenes to her meeting with the good looking guy at the Club, it makes no sense.

i agree with those who say Hilary was a lousy mentor for Shauna. No rules, no limits, do whatever. We’re supposed to like Shauna with Charlie, yet the girl is written as trouble. Like Lily or not, she came across as the much better parental figure.

• Members

And that can only come with white people? 

Lily had the high ground and was spot on. I'm glad they wrote it that way since they are making her negligent in Hilary and an unborn child's death. 

Name me a time post 2003 where there were 3 black males on Y&R with all having separate love interests? 

The last time I can remember that happening was during the 90's when Nathan, Malcolm, and Neil were on. And even then there was partner swap happening 

• Members

Hmmmm…. I think they could or maybe they will keep at least one single at a time  Neil is one that they like to mostly keep single.

I would like to see all of them eventually get decent love interests. Though that doesn't necessarily have to be all at the same time, all the time. There may be times where it makes sense for at least one of them to be single.  I think that after Hilary's departure Devon definitely needs to be single for a bit while he grieves.

There could be enough on his plate for potential storyline that doesn't have to include a new love interest right away. And I definitely don't think a triangle with Nate would be good for him (or Nate) anytime soon. 

• Members

Neil has only been single these last couple years because he was still in a psuedo triangle with Devon and Hilary. Bot prior, he went from woman to woman. Devon is the one with the history of being single and having his love life offscreen. But I agree with you, Devon needs to be single for a good while to grieve. However, Nate and Devon as rivals was what the show should have been playing instead of Neil and Devon. It didn't work considering their history. Rivalry doesn't have to be over a love interest. Conflict makes a show go round. Having Winters in some fake kumbaya like the past 5 years didn't happen only ensures they'll be as boring as some claim they are. 

What do you see Devon having in his plate which makes it so full? Things the show will do? Only thing I can think of is having him turn to alcohol or drugs over losing Hilary. 

Archived