Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I believe that they can and should have these characters have conflict with other people besides their family members.

I mentioned this in the spoilers thread, but I will mention it in this thread too. I think that Nate could actually fit in well with some of the 40 somethings on this show. I think he can work in a somewhat older crowd. 

I could see him being a good (non romantic) rival for Cane or maybe even some type of rival for Nick . I had suggested earlier that he be tested with Victoria. But maybe they can move him in Sharon's orbit, given how Nick is and will act in upcoming spoilers. I think that could be a better fit for him than throwing him in a triangle with Devon. At least not anytime soon. And I think that Devon would stay on the losing end in a triangle (or triangles) with Nate.

Also, I believe that in the meantime that Devon could have his hands full with losing Hilary/the baby, dealing with Lily being responsible for the accident, and having conflict with her and Cane/Charlie. Not to mention he might end up taking care of Shauna (with her troubling background and behavior) by himself. He could maybe have quite a bit of conflict with Lily, and to lesser degrees, Cane, Charlie and maybe Shauna. No need to have Nate added to that IMHO.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cane is Nate's family member also.

Agree, they could throw him in Sharon and Nick's orbit. He'd be the loser and made to look terrible in the process but it'd provide plenty of airtime. With recent castings, I don't think they'd do that though. 

What does a story of Devon losing hilary and the baby look like other than him on whining one day a week? That's not much to do IMO. Becoming Shauna's guardian could give him something to do but he'd be just a warm body in another lily/cane story with that. I guess they could bring on her parents and have some sort of psuedo custody battle. 

Nate was brought on for story with Hilary. He was destined to be Devon's rival by default of that. Mal would write anything but I can't imagine him having Hilary and Nate together in a romance without playing Devon. if nate is to stick around, he needs a place in that family to provide some sort of conflict. If not, he serves no purpose then I'll agree with @DeeeDee and give him 6 months.

I still think that Shauna's mom should have some history with Nate and paired with him even if he is not shauna's father. If they go that route then that'd give you the cane and Nate rivalry you want. And it could last for longer than 6 months if Shauna and Charlie have a kid for their parents to fight over. That makes lily a 30 year old grandmother but that can't be helped. 

• Members

A complete waste of space.  

Mariah and Tessa are really making up for lost time. 

CF is horrible.  She gives these facial expressions that say "I'm constipated".

Nick "I did something amazing" 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The Devon/Hilary scene felt like such a rushed throwaway moment. They could have milked so much emotion from that reveal.

There’s a part of me that thinks Devon would have kept that from Hilary given her fragile state or at least wrestled with telling her.

Sex on kitchen islands? That HURTS.

Archived