Y&R July 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. After Hilary loses baby, she gains a spot on a national talk show (The Talk - since CBS is so good about cross-overs) - she going to relocate to LA to focus on career, etc. She tells Devon to move on with his life, etc. 

I don't know about MY lacking imagination because the lead-up and this week's Y&R has gotten people talking about the show. Wednesday's US episode on POP made Top 150 cable for first time in weeks - so the interest is there. Before SSM, it was a regular almost every weekday, she sunk it to boredom and I don't think that audience has returned. 

Though what WILL happen is that Dr. Nate has shipped her comatose body to a secret clinic if MiM decides to come back. 

• Members

God, no.  

SSM set a lot of things right, chief among them being Cane's turn to the grey scale.  All she needed was a co-head that could add some spark.  Regardless, she's gone.  This is Mal's show now and he's fvcked it up.

JFP and Pratt drove more viewers away than SSM.

• Members

Rewatching hospital scenes. Bryton has really been stellar. Devon had a scene with lily when she found that Hilary wouldn't survive. He didn't have a line but he carried the scene. All he used was facial expressions and body language. His scene where Devon told Neil that Hilary was out of time was just as good.  

• Members

It still bugs me that Y&R has dumped 4 talented and popular contract actresses in a year: EH, MCE, MiM and 

Please register in order to view this content

While the show has released one contract actor: GR (and that should've happened years ago).

The newbies who brought on by SSM don't count at all. They barely made any impact because they were so poorly written. The one exception - Laur Allen being dumped was a mistake.  

• Members

The scenes today between Devon/Hilary were sad and very heartfelt. Especially the scenes where she told him she eventually wanted him to move on and when they were reminiscing. And Of course the very end. Bryton/Mishael once again did a  very nice job and Hilary will definitely be missed. I also thought that the scenes between Hilary/Neil yesterday were sad and that Kristoff and Mishael did a really nice job in them. I definitely saw Neil's regret.

Also, I Iiked the scenes where the three businesses (Jabot, Dark Horse, and Newman )were at the dive bar plotting about how to run their businesses and take business form the other ones. I thought it was interesting how they were all operating.  Y&R often does a nice job with business storylines.

And it looks like Billy/Nick could be starting a feud with each other. With them fighting over Phyllis/Summer, Billy's addiction and business practices. And them throwing punches and physically fighting each other (which instead of trying to break up Kyle actually was recording with his phone) I think it could grow if Nick does poach Fenmore's business from Jabot and the secret of him and Phyllis comes out.

• Members

Up to Wednesday's episode..

The Neil and Devon scene where Devon tells Neil was great. KSJ actually played it wonderfully and I've already commented on Bryton's performances  this week.

Very happy to get that great Phyllis and Hilary scene. I know some aren't fans, but Mishael and Gina always did a great job selling the friendship and they had a wonderful chemistry together.

There was a time where I enjoyed Cane and Hilary as friends, but the show killed that. So those scenes did nothing for me.

• Members

I will tune in on Monday, hoping that they show the aftermath of Hilary dying in Devon's arms.  They need to show what he does next, and the reaction of his family in the waiting room.

The next day concept can wait until Tuesday's show, but knowing Mal, Monday will be the day after.  I hope not.  The aftermath is important.

Archived