Non-Hollywood Sexual Assault & Sexual Harassment

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This doesn't deserve space in the Politics Thread, is notable nonetheless. It probably should have gone in the Hollywood harassment thread but eh, he's got so many cases against him that don't classify as Hollywood, it almost matters little where these awful news items are placed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw ^^this on the news earlier in the week and had wondered when it would become a bigger story. Considering the fact that there are at least a dozen other candidates and the race has a ways to go before people truly start to decide, I would think that alliances have a lot of room to shift, at this point. One of his public endorsements have already shifted to another candidate (Maya Wiley).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

There was a reason why I soured on the "Times Up" group. Like many advocacy groups, most fall away from the essential mission, especially when they can align themselves with the nexus of power. The people who are in most in need of help, don't get the help.

(There is a so-called theater diversity advocacy group that I have a similar feeling about- the Tony award nominated and Pulitzer prize winners are the loudest voices, but they are advocating for themselves to get more of the Broadway spoils, not on behalf of the playwrights and talent that are truly locked out of opportunities).

*not sure why The Hollywood Reporter decided to show a photo of Tina Chen when the woman in question, who just resigned was another lady*.

And then, there's this.

As much as Andrew might wish it, this is not going away.

For either of the Andrews.

• Members

On the one hand, if this is true? He needs to face justice. But some have been posting tour articles on Twitter from 1965 around the alleged time, and it APPEARS he wasn't where this allegedly happened.

But, if proven, there goes his legacy.