Non-Hollywood Sexual Assault & Sexual Harassment

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That whole thing with Rubiales is disgusting for so many reasons, besides being unwanted, it trampled all over what should have been a huge moment of achievement for the Spanish women’s football team. And he has the nerve to defiantly insist that it was consensual, despite the players’ words to the contrary and dig into his wrongheaded notion that he did nothing wrong. It’s good that he finally got the boot.

I am really trying to not let my past experience of being in Spain when I was a college student prejudice my opinion but I encountered quite a bit of naked sexism and sexual harassment while there. I would have thought that things had changed.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The celebrities are grabbing the spotlight for this but the majority of the cases being brought by the Adult Survivors Act have been brought by women who were former inmates against prison guards, prison doctors and other workers at prisons and jails.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/2023/11/19/sexual-abuse-lawsuits-new-york/fd5aa9ac-86a8-11ee-924c-6e6807155e36_story.html

• 4 months later...