Jump to content
kalbir

Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

And of course Daniel Goddard made a twitter post saying what a "great dad" Cane was for defending Charlie! :ph34r: I was so tempted to say: "Cane owes the entire family an apology for rudely barging in on them during that big reveal"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

It should have been Abby instead of Mariah last year. But I think the show missed their window this go round. Maybe during hevon's next break up, which will probably be next summer. 

 

I won't pretend like the height disparity isn't problematic, though. It's very distracting. 

The height thing bothered me today too, I guess she could wear flats in the close up scenes. How tall is Melissa Ordway? Eileen Davidson as well, they seem to be off similar height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made no sense to me that Jack turned so viciously on Dina the past couple days. To get ugly like that? No way.

 

The Simone story turn seems like a “Let’s drop this” to me.  I’ll never believe this was planned.

 

Modeling auditions take place in Devon’s office? WTF??? That was ridiculous, and so was the scene with Lily and Abby prepping the models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

Made no sense to me that Jack turned so viciously on Dina the past couple days. To get ugly like that? No way.

 

The Simone story turn seems like a “Let’s drop this” to me.  I’ll never believe this was planned.

 

Modeling auditions take place in Devon’s office? WTF??? That was ridiculous, and so was the scene with Lily and Abby prepping the models.

 

Simone was never anything to begin with. Everytime she came on she had the same conversation with Devon. "you didn't call so I was worrird". Her purpose was to have Hilary act jealous, give the show a reason to string out this reunion, give Hevon a reason to argue, plus give Hilary a reason to lie for a  sweeps story. 

 

 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Jack had no right to be pissed off at his mother. I guess he had no right to blast her in his anger after everyone there found out a family secret that has changed his life, no matter if she  has Alzheimer's or not. yes, Jack should have waited and said what he said after she was upstairs....but when he heard her revisionist history, he snapped. he made a big mistake. guess I have to get over all the characters not being perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Roman said:

I guess Jack had no right to be pissed off at his mother. I guess he had no right to blast her in his anger after everyone there found out a family secret that has changed his life, no matter if she  has Alzheimer's or not. yes, Jack should have waited and said what he said after she was upstairs....but when he heard her revisionist history, he snapped. he made a big mistake. guess I have to get over all the characters not being perfect.

 

See...I was actually surprised he didn't say anything to her in the theater.  It was harsh, but I could understand him reaching the boiling point especially after Dina was painting such a rosy picture of her marriage to John.

 

And you're right @ajsp35801 Simone was a "D" character at best.  They never bothered to show her POV or even who she was outside of a singer and attraction to Devon.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, detroitpiston said:

Those Kyle vs Nikki scenes were good. I'm loving the formatting of today's episode too

Yeah, those were my favorite scenes with this Kyle since he arrived. Really great dialogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GMac said:

 

See...I was actually surprised he didn't say anything to her in the theater.  It was harsh, but I could understand him reaching the boiling point especially after Dina was painting such a rosy picture of her marriage to John.

 

And you're right @ajsp35801 Simone was a "D" character at best.  They never bothered to show her POV or even who she was outside of a singer and attraction to Devon.  

 

 

Also think it's perfectly reasonable for Jack to lash out. Knowing Dina's sick now doesn't stop his pain over what she did when she was perfectly healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, DramatistDreamer said:

 

I always thought he'd have made a great SORASed Moses. I even expressed the hope that they wouldn't SORAS the twins and instead SORAS Moses and bring back a slightly rebuilt Anna.  They have great chemistry.  I have yet to see any actual storyline written expressly for Charlie though.

 

I'm PAGES behind but yasss to this. I was right there with you wishing they were Moses and Anna instead. I like Charlie interacting with Neil. I wish he were Moses instead. It's ridiculous they aged Lily and Cane's twins. The children were fine and could have reacted to the affair mess. It might have even been better to have it be children and not moody teenagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

The Abbott scenes today are a perfect example of why Beth Maitland needs to be on contract.

 

22 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Sweet scene at the end with Marla and Peter.

 

Agreed on both points. 

 

Jack's paternity SL is out of left field, but today's Abbott scenes were well done.  Even Kyle was softer today which is something they needed to do weeks ago.

 

I also liked the Sharon/Mariah scenes.  Overall, not a bad Mom's day eppy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great episode today

 

Poor Tracy :( I don't care about Jack and his angst, sorry

 

I hate that Lily is stuck mothering Cane's bastard child. Hillary going over to say hi to the kid and her talking about her mom with Devon was good though

 

Sharon and Nikki :wub:

 

9 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

The Abbott scenes today are a perfect example of why Beth Maitland needs to be on contract.

 

She brings heart to the family/whole show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...