Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do it. please. and hold on to it. do it so you don;t have to remember. I now ask my mother & aunt so many things about them that I'm now forgetting. sign of my aging. please, for yourself. capture this generation, because those are memories that can help us all now. and cherish them, as I know you will.

• Members

The Newmans are super rich and the reward for news on JT is only 50 thousand?

Please register in order to view this content

Nick getting involved in this story is so annoying.

I wish they'd ship Kyle back to NY. The storyline is horrible. Not only him backstabbing his dad but revealing the secret is ridiculous. Making none of the Newman's not John's is just the worst writing ever.

• Members

Since Nick tends to runaway from liars towards the ones who supposedly are true, where will he go now? Nikki, Vicky, Sharon and Phyllis are all lying to him. Because Nick has no friends, those 4 are his main go-to's women!  

• Members

You first point, Phyllis had that study with years ago after Avery arrived

I'd Sharon need relevance when she was BFF with Hiliary at one time......no!  tho I don't think Phyllis hates women now, for the past 13 years she has had a female BFF and its nice she has another one

Sans Mom and Daughter, all 4 of the women couldnt stand each other at GNO, but they all have a long turbulent history and are connected making this kinda story interesting (not saying it is)

Huh?  The most long lasting popular friendship on this show was Socialite Kay and Stripper Nikki, not sure their age is a factor!

• Members

The writing for Kyle is terrible.

He’s barely been at Jabot for two weeks, and already he decided he’s going nowhere at the company and that Jack will never trust him. Deciding at this point to throw in with Victor — with this huge family secret — makes no sense, especially since he has no reason to believe Victor can be trusted. 

If we saw Kyle doing some great work or making great deals while be8ng shot down by Jack, this would be easier to accept. Instead, we’re just TOLD that Kyle is great — by Kyle himself.

• Members

Hilary and Devon still have really good chemistry but I feel like it's being wasted with such scattershot writing.  It's beginning to seem like they could be losing momentum, together and as individuals.

Kyle and Victor's scenes have become excessive already.  Those ranch scenes had me wanting to take a nap.  Normally, I'd prefer that a scene be written so that the actors can take their time but those scenes just draaaaaaged. 

I guess Nick is looking to get his Sharon fix, he is 'hawking' her. 

• Members

I enjoyed the scenes that Neil and Charlie had together this week. I thought it was sweet that Charlie was worried about Neil getting Alzheimer's.

Also, while I have been liking New Kyle, I do think that he is acting very entitled. His vendetta against Jack and his family also doesn't really make a lot of sense. I think they need to work on softening him a bit, and I think they can do that by giving him someone that he cares about too much to try and mess over.

I was hoping that person would be Dina, but he has been using her to get information to use against his father. I also think it would benefit him if he interacted with Hilary and/or Mariah some more, as he had good chemistry with both ladies and they would lighten him up.

And I don't care for this storyline with the four women dealing with JT being killed. IMO, Phyllis in particular is annoying in this storyline and she seems very out of place in it. I don't like how she is trying to dictate the actions of the group. And I don't like the ridiculous scenarios she has come up with to try and convince the group not to come clean. She's even going on trips with Victoria, now. I don't blame Nikki for saying that Nikki would be better off going with Victoria, than Phyllis. 

Archived