Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Devon and Hilary will end up living together before they take in Shauna. Maybe Hilary will want to and Devon will be reluctant because she's pregnant and he's overprotective. Too much stress.

I was also surprised to hear that the parents had moved and Shauna was living with a dysfunctional aunt. I feel like the show went that route because they don't want whatever situation that transpires with Shauna and Devon to be permanent. Meaning her living with them but no need to be adopted by them to give her a permanent home. 

Jack and Vikki running a company could he good story. But I don't trust Mal to play the beats that matter. 

• Members

I hope nothing bad happens between Devon and Shauna. I also thought of the possibility of Devon/Hilary becoming Shauna's caretakers. I know this is not a spoiler thread so I will just say in this thread that from what little I've seen previewed for Charlie Shauna it feels more "damsel in distress" than something more darker/sinister. (like a teen pregnancy or something bad happening with Shauna /Devon.) Maybe this storyline might just be about a teen romance starting in the summer and Lily/Cane actually take Shauna in. Or maybe the "dysfunctional aunt" ends up showing up and playing a bigger role in this storyline. I hope there will won't be a teen pregnancy storyline or baby switch.

Also, I think that Jack/Vicki running a cosmetics company could definitely be a good storyline. The impact of that could be widespread and interesting.

• Members

Shauna will not have story that doesn't feature hilary. Shauna's family will factor eventially, I think. But it will definitely be a Hilary story. She's the lead there.   I can't recall anyone getting story in the last 3 years in winters family that didn't star her. I can't see Devon/Shauna situation occuring either.  What I see is lily rightly turning against the romance because she had Charles lying to everyone and sneaking around. I see Hilary fighting for the girls happiness against lily to start. Then maybe her aunt comes into play. 

The story has so much potential. I hate to get my hopes up for fear of disappointment. 

I finally feel like we are supposed to root for Hilary and her relationship with Devon. I've never felt that before. This is new. 

Archived