Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't notice that. I just saw Mattie looking at Kyle. I could see her maybe developing a crush on him. I also do wonder where they are going to go with this Mariah, Kyle and Tessa storyline. Today they had Kyle interacting with Mariah again. I think they have nice chemistry and interact well together yet he seems romantically interested in Tessa.

He was pressing Mariah about Tessa today. I wonder is he trying to be a friend to Mariah, and will end up being both her and Tessa's friend. Or will he try and get Tessa for himself or even develop feelings for Mariah. He was bonding with her today.

• Members

I feel zero chemistry between Kyle and Mariah or Tessa. None. 

Why would Kyle care about Mariah’s relationship with Tessa? And why would Mariah open up to Kyle as she did? None of this is ringing true. I don’t mind MM as an actor, but playing him every day is too much. He’s not THAT good.

The Devon/Hilary stuff is already boring. 

Victor is just scum. He HAD to throw it in Nick’s face that Christian isn’t his biological son. What kind of father DOES that? Nick and Victoria should RUN from him.

• Members

+1.

But of course they won't. Nick has to stay in the Newman fold so he can feel betrayed by Sharon and go running to Phyllis (who he'll already be dealing with more once Summer returns) which will push Victoria & Billy back together.

• Members

All Mariah's pairings are the same. They make them "best friends" out of nowhere as a prelude to romance. So, I'm fairly certain that despite what Mal told Teriah fans, Mariah and Kyle will have a shades of romantic elements if not one. I can see her trying to protect her "friend" from Summer's web when she comes back also. 

As I just said, the show makes Mariah instant best friends with all her romantic pairings. Every last one is exactly the same 

• Members

From the beginning, I've had the sense that Y&R's LGBTQ fans will be sorely disappointed if they invest in the coupling of Mariah and Tess.  I've always maintained that of the 4 soaps left Y&R is the most conservative soap on the most conservative network.  

Mal wanted all the viewers he can get, so he would gladly engage in subterfuge if he could manage to hold onto those viewers.  He'll tease the relationship between the two women but in the end, it will turn out to be a dalliance not a full-on romantic relationship (their off-screen date at the restaurant and the movie date that never happened are two examples).

Especially since CG has now won a second Daytime Emmy, they are more likely than every to try to ease her into a relationship that they view as being more traditional (hence the scenes in the last couple months where Mariah has emphasized her sexual fluidity).

Sorry to disappoint any fans of the pairing, but I've always believed that Mal would eventually try to ease Mariah out of her relationship with Tess and back to men.  I doubt there will be another woman in Mariah's future.

• Members

Since I started watching Y&R in I think the mid 2000's, this past year has been the most Traci's ever been used and I absolutely love it. The Abbott's really feel like a full and whole family with her regular trips as of late, I hope this is something Mal keeps up even after Dina eventually passes away.

Why did they suddenly have Victor revert back to acting like he just recovered today, when for the last few weeks he's been fine? So odd. I am however glad Nick told him off again.

Jack asking Devon how Hillary was doing annoyed me. We haven't had scenes with them in a long time. I like her friendship with Phyllis but Jack was there first and never judged her, hopefully we get back to that friendship soon.

• Members

Josh Morrow was very strong in his scenes about Christian with Eric Braeden.

i do agree that it makes no sense that Victor is all of a sudden weaker. And really, how about a few months passing between Victor doing something BRUTAL to a family member?

Kyle went to work at Jabot dressed in the tightest vest and tightest skinny jeans I’ve ever seen. He looked ridiculous. He does not pass as straight or bi, either. I don’t think any relationship will work for that reason.

Beth Maitland was once again superb, and I can’t say too many times that she should be on contract. However, Jack’s pity party over his parentage and this need to find himself is SO over-the-top. I’m embarrassed just watching it.

• Members

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Sharon should not end up raising the child that she was complicit in kidnapping, whose mother she chased down and watched die on side of the road. I'm sorry. No. 

There was a time when soaps knew certain things were off limits and crass. After something like that, writers would never have Sharon raise him. But I feel they'll go there because today's soaps have turned it's heroes/heroines into the villains as plot dictates. 

Archived