Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Josh is doing anything wrong...I feel that ship sailed long ago.  I just feel they don't have chemistry... He may not be the best Actor (but he does have fans who do love him, although he isn't my type, I go for more than just looks I like a character to be good looking and intelligent) ..Nick as the character I don't find very bright in the slightest.... I also do not find Sharon to be much better.... Nick has his sweetness as a character but I do not feel his character is meant to be the brightest person in the least.

• Members

Nick is just a nothing character, and that’s particularly pronounced when he’s not in a relationship, which is why they are throwing him back at Sharon. Right now, I feel like that ship has sailed, and they are forcing it. There’s just too much water under the bridge for them to be viable in my eyes. I’d be interested if they really were forced to tackle their issues in the way a couple pushing 50 with grown-ass children would. But that doesn’t happen on soaps anymore, so I should stop dreaming...

Aside from the panicked googly eyes surrounding her role in the JT coverup, I’ve been impressed that they’ve consistently resisted going back to the crazy well with Sharon. I like feeling SC’s warmth and goodness again. Sharon and Nikki have had a complicated and combative history, but they’ve had rare moments of bonding over the years, and I like seeing that again.

• Members

All of this.

Morrow works best with Case but for whatever reason he always wants to resist going back to Shick.

I think friends with benefits works for them (even that though is hard to digest after the baby crap and how Nick has treated her) but it's not plotted very well it seems.

• Members

I liked Shick in my younger days, especially during the Amy/Matt years and I would say well into Noah's birth. I also rooted for them when Nick lost his memory while Sharon was married to Jack. The later Paris kiss was nice.

But now, something is gone. I can't put my finger on what. At times, it seems forced, a little awkward even. I enjoyed them last week when they were calling one another out on their crap. Then all of a sudden, Sharon's "Oh you make my skin feel like it's on fire" or whatever she said. I didn't find any of it sexy. I'm resigned to the fact that this is the way it'll be now.

But, with the few negatives, I think the show as a whole is doing well enough. The Sharon/Nikki scenes, Mariah with some kind words for her mom, finding more layers about Kyle, seeing Traci more frequently -- they all stick out on the positive side of things over the last half a dozen episodes. Oh and fast-forwarding Cane's sanctimonious ass! 

• Members

Cane was finally working for me as a character during the whole Juliet storyline. Shame they went back to the usual with him. Lily's been useless for a long time. As Dru's daughter I shouldn't be calling her useless. Lily doesn't work being a sanctimonious character and neither does Cane.

• Members

I've carried a vendetta against Sharon since I was a child. She broke woman law. Amy was her friend and Sharon poached her man.   I loved Amy. I have no idea why, but I have a tendency to notice and care for these side characters. Well, at least before I grew up and began to understand how soaps work. 

• Members

The only I remember is Amy Lewis, played by Stephanie E. Williams, who worked with Paul and Andy at the detective agency and her father was Genoa City's Police Commissioner.  She was  the one who taught a once illiterate Nathan Hastings how to read and write.

Archived