Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ciara and Claire were great in the scenes in the room before Claire went and told Hope about Rafe cheating. And the revelation was awesome too. I love the event episodes on Days, they do them so much better than UK soaps, it makes me wish it had a bigger budget, it deserves it. I freaking love Ciara.

ETA I felt like the Eric and Jennifer stuff was drama for drama’s sake. It didn’t feel believable or natural and was out of place.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes to all of this. HOWEVER, I have to say I noticed a significant drop in energy from Friday to Monday. I was stunned because Richard Culliton's scripts are usually on point. This, I feel, was down to direction. 

Jennifer and Eric's fight was well-written up until they laughed it off. It felt very well-written and drew me in but for them to just go "oh, I guess this is our first fight LOL" was stupid. That could've been a jumping point to some REAL drama that could carry them in a story, but...

I have to agree about Ciara. This actress has the fire that I was hoping Ciara would have when aged up. She's what I would have seen Ciara be after Lauren Boles' Ciara was aged up. It's a shame they wasted that year and a half with Lockjaw Jovanni because this Ciara is a winner.

• Members

+1

No lies here

She was [!@#$%^&*] terrible and embarrassing at times

+1

I agree about the Eric/Jennifer 'drama'. I also agree with @Edward Skylover that it was drama for drama's sake and that it didn't feel very natural. I think it was something they should have had a difference of opinion on but it didn't quite work for me I guess.

And I love the new Ciara. You said what I've been saying for a while now. She's the grown up version of Lauren Boles' Ciara that we deserved from the start.

I'm not here at all for Abby's DID mess. I hated Jessica's on OLTL's an I hate Abby's. I also hated Connie/Kate's. Ron should not be writing DID stories. They're just a mess.

• Members

Like...I was afraid he'd go there on DAYS, but I was hoping he'd at least bring Kim back to ressurect her DID instead giving a THIRD character what's supposed to be an incredibly rare diagnosis on the same show. As someone on here said a long time ago, it's nothing more than an excuse to get a character to behave out of character (which Ron LOVES to do instead of creating actual complex villains 

Please register in order to view this content

).

Stefan O. STILL three months in has absolutely no backstory, no nuance, nothing interesting about him. Just a fixation on Abbygabbylauragail, and I DO. NOT. CARE. I will continue to not care until we at least get a conversation about his past and what makes him tick. It breaks at least three Marland rules, certainly to have him on so much when he's so new, and established characters who SHOULD be involved in heavy story are conspicuously absent (I know, I know, guarantees, but the renewal at the same time that Y&R and DAYS are so close in the demos should help NBC at least throw SOME extra $$$ their way).

• Members

(hope the picture of Stefan reading Kim's book shows up, it's in the next post, sorry it's small)

Ron gave Kim a book about DID. LOL. But yeah I'd have liked her back. At least we're getting a visit from Laura. Should be longer than one episode.

They're doing what they usually do with a 'name' from another soap. They rest on that so called popularity and do nothing with the character. It's ridiculous that he was already hot for Abby a month into his debut.

Yep. It's Bree Williamson all over again. Marci's on the same level and as basic as Bree and Kelly Sullivan. She's probably better than the broadway theater goddess.

The minute Ron started I knew and dreaded he'd go there with Abby. I really disliked how Dena handled her return and the mental illness. It was nothing but a plot device. Laura should have recurred and counseled Abby, etc. But, nope. Dena had to push Gabi and Chad and Abby and Dario. I'd buy she has some problems if they actually focused on them and dealt with them and wrote it all better. But this is ridiculous. I wonder what the casuals think of it? They probably love it and probably delighted in seeing the book Kim wrote about her DID (a very typical thing of Ron to do, which I don't necessarily hate but at the same time it's also a bit obnoxious when you can't bring Kim back). He handles some things like they're jokes.

• Members

I love Kim too and keep wishing Patsy was on recurring and would pop up but they barely used her when Theresa was on so ....

I liked the nod to her with the book and I believe she'd write a book about it, but that would have been nice to hear about. I had mixed feelings on the book nod too because of Patsy. I wonder if she knows about it, she probably would like the nod but who knows?

Archived