DAYS: February 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You just know they’d have him all up on Kate. She’s the only person in that age range they consistently write for. As for Val: it’s like when OLTL hired HBS as Hank’s ex. They didn’t hire a big ‘80s soap sensation to be “wasted” on Nathan Purdee. Of course, they were going to pair her with Bob Woods.

• Members

I thought the music created and used from 1993-1997 was fantastic. Very sweeping, moody, memorable pieces used. They started sounded rinky-dinky and goofy around 97 and into 1998. It didn't help that the Susan Banks character was saddled with campy circus music in every single scene. 

• Members

Caught up and watched Thursday's and Friday's eppys....floved Thursday with Will and Paul. Loved the Billie, Will, Kate and Lucas scenes too.

Today's episode was horrible...way too much of Rafe and Hope. I am not a fan of the couple. Whose bright idea was to put Hope with Rafe? And why does it continue? Yawn......

• Members

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? I don't get it. I just blame Corday.

Rafe just sucks the life out of Hope. Galen's a problem but I could honestly use a nice long break from Hope and Kristian. Jennifer being backburnered with a slowburn romance with Eric and having scenes with friends and family has really helped me like her again. Hope needs the same. They rushed too quickly into Rope and I hated Bo 'giving' Hope (I like Hope just fine when Rafe isn't attached to her side and she defers to him like his little woman) to Rafe (essentially). It just turned me off to them. The Stefano cover up cemented by hatred.

Rafe and Hope should have been a long slow burn. Instead they forced them together (when they didn't have to force it, IMO). I doubt I'll ever become a fan of them. Many aren't. I often see things posted on Twitter. Rafe seems fairly disliked, not on Daniel levels, but still. So I'm shocked he's lasted so long. I'm not totally anti-Galen or Rafe, I've liked him with others (not Sami). I liked him when he was playing snarky cop and was single (maybe 2011/2012?). That worked. But that sadly didn't last long and we were back to douchebag (now including hypocrite) city.

While I like she's been given a little more to do with the baby story (and I suspect she has a VERY low guarantee), they're still wasting Vanessa A. Williams, IMHO. I don't dislike Abe but I hate they just up and shackled them together right away. It's pretty much vibrant Lexie and stodgy Abe all over again. I like Abe but I've always felt Lexie was stuck (they seemed to really hesitate truly breaking them up, which I don't understand) and now Val is stuck. They swapped one for the other. History use aside, you could cross out Val's name and put Lexie and not a lot would change. You just know if Lexie were still alive (I MISS YOU RENEE JONES!!! AND YOU TOO PETER RECKELL!!!) she'd be thristy as hell for Eli. LOL. She'd be all over that man. I like Lamon and he seems to have a great personality on Twitter, so I wish Eli had a bit more personality. I think being cops limits Eli and Lani and it's why the actors play them so ... hard. It doesn't actually work though. Lani just comes off as awkward and Eli seems to have been given the angry black man cliche. Or at least that's how Lamon plays it.

Archived