DAYS: January 2018 Discussion Thread

Shady Sonny bear with her bitchy hairdo attacking Paulie. I hated how hurtful and mean Sonny was towards Paulie. Sonny doesn't deserve Will or any men for that matter. Sonny as some hot shot businessman doesn't work at all. Sonny looked sloppy. He needs a better haircut. FS needs to shave them chest hairs like he used too. Maggie's fake crying was cringe inducing. Out of nowhere Steve is having dizzy spells and vision problems

Please register in order to view this content

It's rather strange that both Steve and Lani had their dizzy spells at the same time. Even though their not related. Some dull dayplayer doc flirting with Jennifer. Dragged on way too long. Big shocker dull as dishwater Lani is pregnant. But isn't too soon for Lani to be experiencing morning sickness? How i miss the glory days. When this soap was worth watching.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sonny------->

Sonny was a superbitch to Paul and Will. He wants it his way or no way. I loved Victor telling him off and yelling at him to stop being a wimp....LOL. Sonny's hair is horrendous! Sonny looked like a hobo today. Ron is writing Sonny very unlikeable but I like it. He needs to stay away for a longer time.

Loved the looks Will gave Paul after telling him he was interested in someone else and thus why he left Sonny.

Really liked Will's shirt today. It's the type I would wear...LOL.  Will looked good today minus that awful scarf.

The show was pretty good today with Lani learning she was pregnant to Steve's spells.

I was surprised to see Will on today since he isn't mentioned in any spoilers for the week.

• Members

I was so happy to have a bigger selection of characters. We've had like five or six endless episodes of Stefan, Abby, Chad, Andre, Kate, Vivian, Ciara, Rafe and Hope and it has NOT been very good. Monday was AWFUL.

Why does Kate always look like [!@#$%^&*]? Lawd.

I'm glad Andre is playing everyone. Thank GOD Ron went that angle. Andre being Abby's BFF made NO sense. I do like that he still has some loyalty to them though and that he cares about Kate. I don't like Kate and Andre together (Andre should be Tony) but I like his playing them isn't so black and white, is what I'm trying to get at.

Stefan and Abby have zippo chemistry so far. Marci is fine but she just will never seem to "be Abby" to me. I just can't stop picturing how Kate Mansi would play what Marci has had and she would be doing so much with it, IMO.

I think we all saw Lani pregnant coming from a mile away. It sure was QUICK though LOL. I'm surprised they didn't wait a month until February to reveal it. I'm disappointed we have a baby story but maybe it can liven up this quad. I like the people in the quad (Eli's been testing me lately, Gabi is terrible and annoying, Lani is boring and JJ needs some fire again), mostly. But they need a lot of work IMO.

• Members

They need to go the "less is more" approach with Kate. There's a lot she can work with, but when she's wearing ALL of it at the same time, along with the super-sized hair, it's like a poor woman's attempt at playing Dynasty dress-up. 

For people who don't read spoilers, the Lani-is-dizzy and Steve-is-dizzy bit could've made viewers initially believe that some sort of virus was about to sweep through Salem. 

That said, wow Eli must have some super sperm, considering Lani was knocked up less than 3 weeks ago. 

After alllll these years, I actually really like Gabi now. It's like EJ; after all the years being frontburner, they finally broke me down and made me care for the character. Eli is 

and JJ is a strong performer. Lani will always be the bland weak link in this quadrangle. 

I hate the revamp of the Kiriakis mansion. Using a lighter color makes the set look even smaller. They should've left it as is, and create even a tiny illusion of fullness, lushness to the home. 

• Members

Camila is OK. Sometimes her acting bothers me, other times not. I thought she did great during the Nick story and her exit and she's kind of been blah since she returned. I like Gabi at times. My real annoyance with her came during the unflattering Chad/Abby/Gabi triangle. It did none of those characters any favors.

I also disliked how Higs made Gabi the center of what felt like everything. "Oh no!  Paul tried to kill Gabi!" "Oh No! Gabi finds Deimos's dead body!" It just got a bit much at how much it felt like Dena was propping Gabi. (I also hated how nasty they made Gabi over the Lani/JJ thing and how she treated him when she was mooning over Chad)

Now that she's on less I don't mind her. I like her and Eli but I prefer her with JJ. They worked and were never given much of a chance as a couple. Even though it was used for plot movement, I liked Gabi being there for JJ and stopping him from committing suicide.

I really hate "Gabi Chic" though. I want to love Gabi being motivated and dedicated but we never saw her do anything on-screen to further her business. She dressed Chad for a while, but what else did she do? All of a sudden her "company" is wanted by two major businesses. It's just odd.

I feel the same way about Gabi. I thought she was quite effective when she stopped JJ from killing himself. On today show she wasn't as effective. Maybe it was those dreadful chem testings scenes with an orangy Stefan. I like that Gabi is motivated about Gabi Chic's succeeding. But we never seen this motivation before. All this big business stuff going on DiMera Enterprises is meh. It's so funny we finally see Gabi and Andre's offices  at DiMera Enterprises yet no staff

• Members

Gotta say that Tyler Christopher looks a lot less bloated and Prednisone-y on DAYS, but the orange tan as other have noted is distracting. The body is great. But I've never been into the smug and bemused villain types. At least be witty and charming.

• Members

The pacing is good because the same characters were on for five or six episodes in a row moving the story forward. That kind of thing has been missing though. You can't tell a story (though I think you probably could, but the writers today can't seem to) when you use the characters in said story poorly.

That being said I've haven't enjoyed the group of characters that were eating the show for a week and a half although it helped with the pacing.

The episode guarantees are awful. The structure has long been bad.

I mean, why on earth was Marlena not included in the Abe/Theo story? Theo is Claire's boyfriend, who is Marlena's granddaughter, and Abe is one of Marlena's longest and best friends. It made no sense she was not at all included in it. Not one mention either when she's appeared. And I highly doubt they used up Deidre and Drake's guarantees during the Will story. The show did a good job breaking up the bubbles the characters were in but now we're back to that. Lucas gets out of rehab soon and the first thing he does is ask Chloe out on a date. Um, how about visiting the son you thought was dead and went on a bender over? Lawd. So bad. I just expected better than things like this.

I'm just finding myself disappointed. I expected more ... bang from Ron. I got some of it from July-November. Now it feels like I'm watching Dena's show again.

I also feel like Stefan is being wasted on Abby and Gabi. Though Camila and Tyler had more chemistry than Marci and Tyler, by a LONG shot, but I'm NOT here for Gabi/Stefan/Chad/Abby. I mean, has Dena locked up Ron and taken over the show again? If a lot of this is Corday interference, it's no wonder he loved Higley writing the show, this has her all over it. I'm also not loving Stefan either. Tyler doesn't bother me but the type of character Stefan is just doesn't necessarily interest me. It's EJ all over again.

We at least have a winner in the actress playing Ciara, who has made me at least pay attention to the  Rope story. But Galen Gering is just so [!@#$%^&*] awful. For a man in this industry going on 20 years it's shameful he's gotten worse. He is terrible at emoting. Just terrible. A NEW GIRL acted circles around his lazy wooden ass. Why is Rafe/Galen untouchable?

And what a waste of Shawn and Belle. I appreciate Ron's brought on Clyde, Bonnie, Ben (fyi it seems Wilson is taping again and has been), Susan, Kristen, Mary Moira, Vivian, Shawn, Belle, Anna .... and Shawn and Belle will be back soon but still. They were on four times and barely used when they were. I guess it was just a "we remember them, hang on".

The editing on the show is also annoying. You can tell when things have been cut.

Can you tell I'm frustrated?

Archived