DAYS: January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

The lack of his family interactions bugs me. We need these scenes to get more depth into who he is. The Lani/Abe/Theo/Val interactions has also been severely lacking. We only saw Abe having conflict with JJ because it was meant to suit the plot. Where were the other family dinners? Where was Abe being overprotective of Lani to make up for not being there? Where's the depth?

Sal and Lamon have too much personality IRL to play such boring characters. This is why I don't like so many regular characters on soaps being cops or doctors. I think they'd be a lot more loose if they weren't playing cops.

• Members

Even though Eli and Lani are given the big cliffhanger moments and are connected to core families, this show is clearly more invested in JJ and Gabi. There's a lot more shading in JJ/Gabi's characterizations, their motivations are more clearly defined, there are aspects of their lives beyond their romantic attractions explored, and they both interact with more of the canvas. I know that Eli/Lani are relatively new, but that's all the more reason to integrate them so we can feel more invested.

• Members

I personally love JJ and Gabi. I just wish they'd give JJ some of his edge back. People change and evolve but still keep some of their traits. Don't get me wrong....I love adorable sweet JJ but he needs that edge back.

Lucinda from ATWT never lost her edge.

+1

• Members

The last two weeks have been excellent soap.  I have my quibbles about some things here and there; but they have really pulled it together. Acting, directing, most of the sets have been improved, costumes.  Ron will surely go off the deep end once in a while to try to garner higher ratings; but Stephen's intro and the scenes with each of his family members have been great. The Abby scenes this week were awesome.  Loved the sensual element and Friday's script by Richard Culliton was phenomenal. I never thought the show would be this consistently watchable again.  Good job all!  And kudos to Louis Sorel; she looks great and is a joy to watch.  

• Members

We must be watching a totally different soap. I've been bored the two weeks. The only day I liked this week was Tuesday that featured Will and Sonny's breakup. JJ doesn't deserve what Lani is doing to him. Their relationship is pretty much over with. The takeover storyline with Stefan has been a bore/poorly executed and even Louise Sorel looks bored.

For me the last two weeks have been boring. Those funky offices with no staff aren't great sets. All the DiMera Enterprises business has been mind numbingly boring. "'Sensual elements'' do you mean an orangy Steffy Jr. flirting  with Abby? Because he might as well have been flirting to the chair in his ugly grey office. Watching Brady choking Viv was disgusting. Even more disgusting was Eve who's daughter was choked to death getting turned on. 

• Members

I think it's Marlena's office that has been used like three times ....once as Eric's office and also as Hope's office......lawd...that's bad.  The staff office where Kate took Gabi to talk with also looked familiar...LOL.  Thank goodness I ff the Brady and Viv stuff. Brady is so unrootable. Same for Eve.....ugh.....

Archived