DAYS: January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Vivian's visit is a smart way to kick off 2018...with her vs Kate...plus Chloe being fiesty...and Hope acting like a coo.  With that said, I don't like Ron's tendency to chop up the scenes into 50 second scenes...it would have carried more impact if it was a 4 or 5 minute scene..especially with Kate vs vivian...evenly matched.  

That's my only complaint with Ron's regime so far is that the scenes are too shirt thus short-circuiting the impact of major reveals..or returns.

A shame TC is being bought on as a Dimera when he could have been a recast of Vivian' s son from before....ir if her guest was someone with more impact like Kristen Dimera for instance

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sonny is pathetic!  His Donna Reed everything is alright family plot backfired on him. Now he is all alone. I think he was more upset with that than Will actually leaving him.

The Vivian stuff would've been better with only Kate. IMO, that's what the story should be about.

Billy Flynn is an awful actor. He can't carry this story. I am already fast forwarding Stefan, Abby and Chad scenes.

I hope Will sleeps with Paul again.

• Members

Tuesday's episode, with the exception of the women's dresses (other than Hope's which was styling) was extremely well paced, written and acted.  Culliton's dialogue was fierce.  Louis Sorel looks great.  I'm worried that Ron's going to go over the top in 2018 more than he did with the double doppleganger last year (based on his recent interview with Michael Fairman).  Chandler has massively improved.  I hope Ron keeps writing more nuance to his character.  Boy, Sonny is lame.  There's definitely WillPaul chemistry.

• Members

I've watched the January 2 episode...and I liked it!

Louise Sorel, for all her complaining in her recent interview, seemed energized as Vivian and it was great to see her in such fine form. She's looking great. 

Lauren Koslow also seemed energized playing off against her and Tyler Christopher. I enjoyed his performance as well and he's good physical casting. Obviously, his age is pretty blurry - how old is Vivian meant to be given that Louise Sorel is 78 and her having Philip was already preposterous.

I also liked the scenes with Will and Marlena. Nice chemistry, as ever. I do find myself laughing at Sonny. 

• Members

OMG, watching another stellar episode but I think I just witnessed the raunchiest scene in daytime.  I don't even want to think about where Brady's hand went in that nearly x rated scene with Eve where his hand explores her body in his second seduction, then he when he pulled his hand away and licked his fingers. Wow

Kate's hair dye is all wrong as is Eve's.  Stay away from the dime store henna rinse products, girls.

Chloe and Stefan. I've never liked the actress or the character, but she was more interesting in those Stefan scenes.

Abby pulling a hair off Stefan's head to obtain DNA sample, nice twist on the standard.

But the best scenes were between Will and Sonny. Love, love, love Will's brutal honesty, so refreshing to play these reveals right after they happen.  And those eyes welling up with tears.  Darlin.  

I can't see NBC cancelling this show after this year.  I think he renew.

• Members

I would agree with Guy Wilson and Christopher Sean (even if Guy isn't much of an actor) but I just don't believe Chandler in these types of scenes. 

Whatever couple is together in the end, Ron will ruin them anyway. 

• Members

What is the deal here? Is CM straight? I keep seeing people say that he and the other points of this triangle aren't believable, but they seem as convincing as the average soap actor in love scenes to me.

I remember when soap love scenes were way better, but these days only a few actors stand out as willing to go to the mat, so to speak. Just my take on it, obviously.

Archived