Skylover

DAYS: December 2017 Discussion Thread

Playing catchup and I have to admit that I find it interesting that the shooting story is turning the corner and being about one part of a couple (JJ) and turning into a quad and being about the other half (Lani)

While Ciara is being a brat, I love this actress. She still has some growing to do, but she has a natural vibe to her...chrisma I like. At least her and Claire are even matched, but I get Sami Jr from Ciara.

That little scene between between Kate and Andre on 12-26 was good. That silence like they might kiss, but Chad and Abby interrupted.

I'm on 12-27, and it has flowed really, really well from one episode to the next. 

On 12/29/2017 at 1:31 AM, ranger1rg said:

The soap media are blind when it comes to soaps, period.

They’re holding on for dear life as it is, kissing the butts of 4 remaining soaps with ratings that don’t scream “We have a future here.” No one really tells the truth orthey won’t get their spoilers and interviews and access.

The interviews? Let me know when soap actor honesty is the rule rather than the exception. They’re afraid of losing their jobs. At least I understand that fear.

Well yeah. Unless it's really bad, like DAYS' previous regime, they pretty much keep things squeaky clean. 

But honestly, who'd of thunk in 2012 that all four soaps would still be airing in 2018? That in itself is a shock. 

On 12/30/2017 at 12:51 AM, ranger1rg said:

i had to LOL when Kate entered the club. They don’t clean their entranceway of snow (gee, no liability problem there) So Kate’s gown sweeps the fake snow along with her, right into the club. Something ne needs some lessons in fake production from Hallmark.

The Doug’s Place scenes were poorly produced beyond words, starting with Lighting by CVS. It was as bright as day in there, drawing even more attention to the lack of people in the room. The background music was barely noticeable. The countdown to midnight was low key and boring. This was a New Year’s celebration? UGH.

NeNeLaugh.gif

But oh aren't we lucky that we now have TWO sets of random park areas for people to sit on a bench? We've now got the stone walls park area. Yay, progress! 

Edited by Gray Bunny

I thought it was a decent crowd at Doug's Place. Now if someone shows up in the next show...(just got done with Friday's).

That said...VIVIAN!!!! 

3 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Hate to say it..but even with the low rent production values.. the show is more interesting to watch then young and re2tless or bold... who saw that coming?

Anyone who is used to DARK SHADOWS. ;P