DAYS: December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, Chad has gone back to not being able to act.  That guy is much worse than Chandler Massey IMO. He works so much better in his scenes with Abi, I think she brings out the best in him. The guy playing Lucas is an awful drunk too, diabolical acting.

• Members

Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) can be good, but I don't know what he's doing right now.

I also think Billy Flynn (Chad) can be good when given the right material but he's seemed a little ... off ... for a while now.

Both are definitely capable of better. Not saying they're amazing but I think they can be good.

• Members

Chandler Massey really impressed me in the strangling scenes and the fallout with Sami. Hard to watch.

I've definitely seen better from Bryan, as I quite like him and Sami together. Her return brought out the best in him recently. Chad was growing on me due to his relationship with Abi. She's quite understated but I think she deserves a big storyline.

• Members

I love Bryan and he can be doing so much better. I've always been a Lumi fan too. I hated how Lucas was shoved aside for EJ and then Rafe. And in other storylines by Daniel. Many writers treated Lucas like a total afterthought.

I like Marci Miller (Abby) but Kate Mansi who last played Abby just had ... charisma and charm and personality and fire. Miller's Abby hasn't been given anything really to do (there are times I think she's shined like the confrontation with Dario, and punching Ben in the church) and Marci is a much more understated actress than Kate. Not to mention the awful writing Abby got when she was re-introduced. I have a hard time picturing Marci's Abby sexing it up in the shower with EJ or stripping and climbing onto Austin.

• Members

Rafe and Sami don't have any chemistry from what I've recently seen. I liked what I've seen of EJ and Sami online but IA it's a shame about Lucas being pushed aside.

I'm finding this Theo plot to drag. Abe acting like a martyr is annoying me. JJ has impressed me though, it's nice to see him having a big story. Eli mentioning the black/white divide was topical. Annoyed me they were all acting like Theo was dead already. Claire is a better singer than she is an actress. This goes some way toe explaining why she's on the show.

Do American soaps air over Christmas?

That's horrible poor JJ. I'll bet Abe pushes him to try to commit suicide.

The JJ shooting Theo story has been a badly executed mess. Just detest the way Abe is acting. It's a shame Ron Carlivati didn't  research Abe's history. Abe shoot both Larry and Brady by accident. It would be great if that was mentioned . But i doubt they will mention it. Both Abe and a bland Eli implying that JJ shooting Theo was racially motivated is nonsense. That vigil for Theo at Horton Square was pitiful. Plus Abe acting like Theo was dead made it worse. Once Theo recovers and leaves Salem all this will be quickly forgotten.

• Members

I’m not impressed with the discussion of race in the Theo storyline at all.

As written, and with these characters, it doesn’t fit and it doesn’t work. It doesn’t make any sense. There’s no real outcry in town — mostly because DAYS can’t afford a crowd of extras who scream about minority mistreatment. It’s just a botch of a storyline.

The vigil? Ugh. Theo isn’t dead, although if he hears about the small crowd at the vigil, he’ll wish he were.

Archived