DAYS: December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was nice that Silent Night was being played while Abe had his monologue, it felt emotional, I quite liked Theo waking up which has been the only part I liked. I struggled to feel empathy for JJ as Theo deserved to be shot as far as I'm concerned as he was committing a crime and it looked like he was holding a gun.

I did like the JJ/Gabi scenes as well.

Will and Sonny are getting on my nerves after getting off to a good start. I think Paul is the strongest gay character so his absence makes the story feel less significant.

Al the business crap with Kate, Chad, Andre, Brady, Eve....well I couldn't care less, it's literally fast forward material. Though I do love Kate and anything with her in is watchable.

• Members

It's a bad story. Why write a story like this when black people are being murdered by the police with impunity IRL? They took the actual narrative playing out in our society and turned it on it's head.  If you are going to go there at all, then the police officer should have been a new character who shot Theo under unjustified circumstances.  You don't make the officer the misunderstood good guy. What's next? Maybe Kayla can falsely accuse one of her fellow doctors of sexually harassing her so we can all see the problem is really the lying women.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Been saying this from day 1!  Its a White/Blue Lives Matter story, which is insulting and incredibly irresponsible!!!!!!

JJ, I told folks it should have been a new cop on the force for about 6 months so that the show could go there w/o compromising legacy characters.  Tell this from Hope, Rafe, Romen, Abe, Lani, Eli, etc POV.  

• Members

I agree the story had no balls; seemed like it was melodramatic filler to get Theo off the canvas and stall until the story with Tyler Christopher could start.  The Abe (shot Brady) angle should have been at play from the start with Abe trying to defend the difference and accuse JJ of racism.  If this had been ABC and Michael Malone/OLTL it would have been more grounded in reality. But we all know that Corday and the network believe that Days core audience are Red State Trump conservatives who don't want to see a story about white racism.  Maybe that's true.  When 65million people put a maniac racist sex abuser in the White House, how does a creative head writer craft a ratings winner?  We also don't know if what we saw on the air was Ron's original pitch to Corday and NBC.  I'm gonna guess Ron would have liked to make it more realistic.  

• Members

Yes! Then you could have shown him doing some questionable things, so those characters were uncomfortable, but not sure what to do. They could have felt guilty for not seeing the signs of a racist cop sooner and stopping it. . 

I understand that the show was too chicken to really address this problem.  OK, it's a dying genre so don't bother trying to reinvent yourself and do better. Just don't do any harm by making the police officer the guilt ridden victim.  I can hardly believe what I'm seeing with this story, it's so irresponsible.

Archived