DAYS: December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know that I'm planning on jumping back into DAYS this weekend so I admit to feeling nervous over the JJ stuff.  Someone I loved committed suicide while I was out of town for my birthday. Considering I was coming back into town with the intention to figure our relationship out once and for all and there was no hint of him being that way, I shattered. So those scenes...well...nervous. 

*HUGS* My apologies for your loss, my friend. 

• Members

I thought it might be tough to address it. I am glad Gabi who found him didn't talk down to him.

My friend's brother in law thought he was a coward for taking his life and that he was selfish and only thought about himself. My friend's sister went off on him and he apologized for what he had said. I still can't believe he is gone. I keep waiting for him to call me and tell me how much he hates his job or talk about silly stuff.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loved one. I know how you are feeling. Sending Hugs back to you.

As for today's show.....Ciara and Chloe's smashing of ornaments was ridiculous and childish.  And Sonny..... calm down and stop grinning just because Will told you to wait. That doesn't mean your getting any.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The Kiriakis mansion revamp sucks, but it's def. an improvement.  When Gary Tomlin was ep, a lot of the sets were redecorated and scaled back... the K mansion got crazy angular (like the Horton home) and was dressed hideously.  I'm curious to see how the new foyer looks... I'm afraid the white paint over the wainscoting makes it look less "rich"?

• Members

I think James Reynolds is actually quite effective and affecting in scenes where his grief is quieter like today. It's only when they force him into scenes where Abe is caterwauling and Norma Desmonding that he goes off the rails.

Casey Moss is doing very well, but I hope that they flesh out his depression. People don't just bounce back from these depths. But RC isn't one for social issues or serious stories.

• Members

+1

I believe you are spot on about JJ/Gabi driving Lani into Eli's arms. [/spoiler]

I hate Ron used JJ's suicide attempt and Gabi (ugh, GO AWAY!) "saving" him to propel the quad of JJ/Gabi/Lani/Eli.

I'm still on Tuesday's episode though, lol, but I know what happens on Wednesday and Thursday.

It sounds like in JJ's episode from Wednesday the flashbacks show things we should have been shown but were robbed of because writers have sucked at character development.

I'd also care more about Abe, Lani and Theo if we had ever been shown them truly interacting. Sure, they have, but it wasn't nearly enough for me. I want to see and FEEL their connection.

And JJ's Johnson side needs to stop being ignored.  Abby used to interact with Adrienne somewhat. And Kayla. Steve should be father-figuring Jack's kids. But I guess he's been too busy finding a retcon son, having his other son kill said retcon son's mother and go to prison ...

I also wish they didn't waste time on Ciara and Claire smashing each other's ornaments. Grow up girls. It's not becoming of either of them. This rivalry needs to be better written. The actress playing Ciara seems to have a LOT of potential. But the writing for her kind of sucks

And don't even get me started on Rafe getting a [!@#$%^&*] ornament. Rafe and Daniel should NOT have ornaments on the trees. No. NO.

I saw that Ciara rushes ahead of Rafe to put Bo's ornament next to Hope's

Please register in order to view this content

but I wish she'd have smashed his instead of Claire's

I hate Rope but I don't mind the twist of Rafe screwing Sami and lying to Hope, and Ciara finding out about it. I like it. But I HATE Rafe and Hope together. And how selfish and ridiculous was Hope telling Ciara she had to wait to talk because she had to go because Rafe called her. Disgusting.

• Members

The flashbacks remind me of how fresh Sonny seemed back in the day. A gay guy introduced without any coming-out angst and the full support of his family was a novel but long overdue character for soaps. And he was charming.

Jennifer brought up Abe shooting Brady.

Wow! Jennifer finally brought up to bug eyed angry Abe that he shot Brady. I'm on the fence about the newly redecorated K-mansion. For the dollar store budget they have they did a nice job. But it doesn't have the opulence it once had. I liked the flashbacks with Sonny bear and Will. They had such freshness to them in the beginning. Lani and Eli having rebound sex was boring and very  predictable. I wasn't a fan of Gabi and JJ as a couple. But in the last couple of episodes since Gabi stopped JJ from killing himself. Their chemistry has been great.

Archived