DAYS: December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry 

Please register in order to view this content

Did it annoy you when Days started bringing people back from the dead?...and then when they started doing it regularly? I was having an argument with a Neighbours fan from another forum who said Days should not be taken seriously as it has done such unrealistic things.

• Members

It infuriated me when all (or most, anyway) of the soaps started the lowbrow camp nonsense. It ruined the genre. The endless back-from-the-dead stories, specifically, rendered the shows' plots meaningless, because nothing ever stuck. Marlena or Hope would "die" 27 times and everyone would sob their crocodile tears, but we knew the "corpse" would soon return alive and well, so what was the point of investing any emotion into the stories? The shows worked best, IMHO, when they were grounded in reality, as DAYS was during its halcyon years of 1966 to 1976.

• Members

LOL. Yep. One of Ron's flaws. Way too quick resolutions to things after meandering the plot and wasting some time and opportunities along the way. Like, seriously, did we have to waste so much time on Sami getting arrested? And then Paul's 24 hour lie that was absolutely not necessary. To name a few. Even though I enjoyed the story for the most part.

Even with his flaws, I'll still take Ron at this point though.

JJ and Eric's scenes in JJ's bed room were very homoeratic. Just when Abe was starting to realize that JJ didn't shoot Theo intentionally Eli tells him otherwise. I liked Gabi defending  JJ to Eli. The Sami/Rafe/Hope stuff was painful. It's sad seeing Doug's Place always empty. I want to feel sympathy for Abe. But the way his written makes it hard. 

• Members

I liked today's episode. Only highlight from yesterday for me was seeing Doug and Julie. Too much Rope for my tastes but at least Ron attempted to give them something soapy, more than they've gotten so far, so ...

Anyway, today was good. Gabi/Eve, Rafe/Hope feeling the most out of place. I wish they'd stop trying to make Gabi happen. Her lack of airtime though has helped.

I liked Kate/Lucas, Maggie/Lucas, Sami/Lucas. I also really liked the goodbyes Sami had with John, Marlena and Will.

Brady was cracking me up today. I love him this way. So entertaining and Martsolf looks like he's having a ball.

Good episode

I know Shawn and Belle are around for a little bit (doesn't sound long-term but it doesn't sound like it's just a few episodes) but WTF happened to them? lol

• Members

LOL at Eve's aliases being "Blair from PA" and "Chelsea from Springfield"

And it looks like Claire and Belle were cut from today's episode. Would have preferred them over Rope and Brady/Eve

I don't dislike the actress playing Ciara, I think she can be good. And I think Ciara should be sassy and rebellious and want to ride her dad's bike. I'm fine with all of that, but they've started her off too strong IMO. LOL at her saying what she did to Rafe.

Archived