Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

Yes, Meryl Streep, who is a huge disappointment, is the subject of a gif where she's party to a standing ovation for Roman Polanski, the child drugging rapist who American Film still wants to reward.  

Powder, which was a good movie, tanked in part due the director being a convicted child rapist.  

Edited by ChitHappens

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I read this. I continue to be disgusted by this man's behavior and I hope justice is meted out to him.

I am also concerned that people may forget that there are so many other men like Harvey Weinstein. Would that they could all face a reckoning but I hope people are not excluding the other obvious examples of men abusing their power, not just in the entertainment industry but across various industries.

• Members

In a way, I feel especially sorry for the actors of color who have been raped and/or harassed by predators like HW.  It's tragic for ALL the victims, regardless of ethnicity or skin color.  But when you remember how Black men and women, in particular, have been viewed in times past by White men....  

If the employees "have nothing to hide" by releasing this, then why is it anonymous?  (And don't give me the same old jive about "non-disclosure agreements."  Those are way past being null-and-void.)  Women throughout the industry have spoken publicly about their encounters with him and with others -- and they have done so, I might add, at great risk to their careers and reputations.  Surely, Kevin in Accounting could've remembered where he had kept his balls and then signed his name at the bottom of the statement.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Thank you for bringing up the non--disclosure agreements. Do people seriously think that Harvey Weinstein was some kind of legal superbrain who was able to bash out a bunch of these on his computer, and legal counsel at TWC never knew? The Board of Directors were never informed? An expensive law firm was never consulted every step of the way? PAs were never asked to receive delivery of the NDAs from the law firms? Staffers close to the situation were never asked to go over their contents with a fine-tooth comb and make sure there were no loopholes that victims could take advantage of? 

Everybody was involved, staffers KNEW FULL WELL about 'the fat one' as he was nicknamed and his 'rapacious appetites' (see Peter Biskind's best-selling book about Miramax). They also knew about Bob Weinstein and who knows how many other execs. This was par for the course and their job was not just to cover it up, but to facilitate it.

As far as I'm concerned, a bunch of these long-time staffers are accessories to the crimes. And it wasn't just within TWC -- all of establishment Hollywood knew, covered up and in some cases made it happen. For Weinstain and for others.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Read an article last week that HW was challenging his termination, citing there was an agreement in place that should any additional harassment claims surface, W would be financially responsible for the settlements so the company would not have to bear the burden.  

They all knew, but I'm ready for names of other predators.  All these canaries have stories and now its safe to speak up, or is it?  

• Members

It wouldn't surprise me to know that HW was challenging his termination.  He doesn't strike me as the type to leave quietly, if you know what I mean.  (Which is why I KNOW there'll be a book and "exclusive, one-on-one interview" down the road.  Because, if he's going down?  He's gonna take a whole bunch of people with him.  Count on it.)

But I hope his efforts to reverse his firing prove fruitless, and that he's forced to pay through his pug-ass nose.  He deserves nothing less.

Apparently so, lol.

But seriously.  People who knew about HW's predilections but said nothing out of fears of legal reprimands never realized that NDAs are non-binding if they're being used to hide unlawful acts.  IOW, Harvey, you could make me sign all the NDAs you want, but if I'm inclined to blab about all the times you sexually harassed and molested women without their consent, I'm blabbing.

Oh, they're coming, lol.  Harvey, I feel, is just the tip of this proverbial iceberg.  I mean, we've already seen collateral damage in the form of the dude (whose name escapes me) who was running Amazon Studios.  He was shown the door after a producer on "The Man in the High Castle" came forward with her story about how he harassed her at Comic-Con.  I think there are more on the way.

Edited by Khan