Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That tale from Sciorra is horrifying. I have to admit I adored her and always wondered why she wasn’t more successful because she seemed to have star potential. Now we know.

On another note there have been 2 more women that have come forward regarding Mark Halperin. It’s interesting to me to se how Mika Brzezinski who blasted Hillary Clinton regarding Weinstein, someone. Clinton didn’t even interact with regularly , compared to her own reaction and response on Halperin. I don’t like to blame women for this stuff, but it seems that Halperin’s behavior was pretty much a known entity throughout the media circuit to a point where women would tell other woman to watch out. So I am convinced there are more than 7, yet Brezinskii’s heart breaks for him?

http://people.com/politics/mika-brzezinski-mark-halperin-sexual-harassment-allegations/

And  just to show you how hypocritical our MSM particularly the white men are,

- Joe Scarborough has said nanda although his own history of affairs likely means he should keep his mouth shut

- Timothy Noah at Politico who I am guessing is a fan of Halperin came out with this gem following the allaegations against Halperin. https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/to-avoid-sexual-harassment-make-all-closed-door-meetings-a-fireable-offense-politico-reporter-say/

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Wow. I had no idea the Weinstein issue would cause such reaction internationally. I know there's been some stuff in the UK as well, with Parliament. I guess it was like a dam breaking.

You can tell how popular Halperin was in the Beltway based on the reactions. I saw a bit of Tucker Carlson, who has gone on about Weinstein for weeks, and now he was saying that it wasn't fair that Halperin's accusers have remained anonymous and he was obviously trying to put the onus on them. Yet even he wasn't going full-throated in defense, which makes me wonder if some of Halperin's behavior was an open secret that people accepted because that's how it goes and also because they liked him. 

• Members

Despite our partisan trolls there are a lot of creepy MSM personalities on both the left and right that I loathe and it would not shock me to see any of them surface at some point of having some sort of abusive past. @cnn is full of them on both the right and left. But I’ll keep who I think those people might be to myself. It’s just a feeling. 

I will I’ll say Halperin always struck me as a creep. I think much of it started with his attacks and the rest of the MSM just joined in on Elizabeth Edwards. She would have likely been the next Hillary Clinton in terms of MSM hatred had Edwards political career survived and advanced and had she survived,

I was reading an article in I think Vanity Fair about Halperin and his viscous attacks on Edwards in his second book, only to highlight the fact that apparently the day Elizabeth Edwards died, he was appearing with Chris Matthews and rather than reschedule him they went on to being him on and he spent 10 minutes talking about how wonderful she was. Seriously made me vomit after his own writing helped shape her image and led to attacks on her repeatedly from the MSM. She was blamed in the midst of fighting cancer of standing by Edwards after the allegations of his fathering that other child surfaced. Sure he was held somewhat accountable, but I won’t forget how they framed her as some ambitious vicious shrew.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I think the Edwardses were probably as much of a nightmare in private life as many have said they are and I think the book about '08 absolutely shreds John Edwards, but that doesn't mean the late Elizabeth deserved what she got from Halperin. And his history as we now know it certainly tracks with Halperin having an agenda against any women - and especially Democrats. I've always deeply disliked him.

I think the Beltway will abandon him to the wolves now, though - he can't hold up against this. While their initial statement was very weak, Morning Joe and MSNBC have already begun distancing themselves.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I read that article on Hannah and Sciorra - truly stomach-churning, especially the part about him showing up at her hotel room door years later half-dressed, waiting to get in. And her saying she came forward for the sake of the other women who have been shamed for their rapes by people saying they weren't actually raped or that they're playing victim. I've already seen people saying the same about her, as per usual. I hope coming forward helps her find some peace, unlikely as that is.

• Members

It's all over the news here. The #metoo campaign has opened the floodgates and women from all over society is coming forward with stories. And it goes all the way to the very top. Even our current Secretary of State has revealed that she's experienced groping and unwanted attention during international meetings.

• Members

^^Social media is so toxic but it’s also given people a voice and courage. I know Bill Cosby for example has not been found guilty of any charges but I can imagine a situation where it could have been quietly pushed aside. Without social media helping to drive the story and help keep it in focus,  would all those women have has the courage to come forward and stand by each other?

Elizabeth Warren popular Democratic US senator also came forward with her own story. I do think it matters when anyone comes forward but when you see women you perceive in positions of power coming forward like your Sec of State it makes one  really pause and wonder how this has happened for so long.

• Members

Spacey's response:

Spacey's orientation has never been much of a secret, but I know most gay guys thought he'd never come out. His only hope now is to try to turn this into a tortured coming-out narrative, but that won't help because there are going to be more. His predatory behavior is no secret either. He'll be in a sex rehab facility or something by the end of November.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You can tell he's been in Hollywood a long time. That was a classic statement of evasion and distraction. Not a beat lost, no sloppiness, as an outright denial would have likely gone against him.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see someone come out just as they've been accused of making advances on a 14-year old. 

I think this will either blow up or it will never be mentioned again - no real in-between.