cct

Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

43 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Dustin Hoffman

Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me When I Was 17 (Guest Column)

Maybe the thread title should be changed to Harvey & Co. or Harassers' and Assaulters' Thread. It goes way beyond HW now. Sad.

I remember reading that people said he was one of those difficult method actors, and so on, but that still surprised me. I guess we (or me, anyway) underestimate the permissiveness of the industry, especially back then.

I read about this a few months ago - claims that he was awful to Meryl Streep.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/dustin-hoffman-slapped-and-taunted-meryl-streep-with-the-name-of-her-dead-boyfriend-book-claims-a6959356.html

44 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Dustin Hoffman

Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me When I Was 17 (Guest Column)

Maybe the thread title should be changed to Harvey & Co. or Harassers' and Assaulters' Thread. It goes way beyond HW now. Sad.

I was thinking the same thing. More and more people have been exposed and will continue to be.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

I'm not sure either of them had any idea. I think Gadot had a prior commitment. If true it would be a smart move on her part. Ratner is an animal.

(On a tacky note, glad to hear Newman is getting work)

I wasn't sure how known it was, so maybe they didn't - apparently the Olivia Munn stuff was, as I saw that a few days ago Marni Noxon was trashing him on Twitter about that. 

(on another note, Noxon's Twitter says "I ruined Buffy," which made me laugh)

47 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I remember reading that people said he was one of those difficult method actors, and so on, but that still surprised me. I guess we (or me, anyway) underestimate the permissiveness of the industry, especially back then.

I read about this a few months ago - claims that he was awful to Meryl Streep.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/dustin-hoffman-slapped-and-taunted-meryl-streep-with-the-name-of-her-dead-boyfriend-book-claims-a6959356.html

Now I know why, when Meryl Streep played "Marry, Shag, Kill" with Andy Cohen on WWHL, she said she would "kill" Dustin Hoffman.

More than one industry professional has spoken about how...irritating Hoffman can be on a movie set.  (I still feel pangs of sadness over how he treated poor, ill Sir Laurence Olivier on the set of "Marathon Man.")  Nevertheless, it stuns me to know he, too, has had a history of denigrating women sexually.

19 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Alec Baldwin claims he had no idea about James Toback, tries to make us pity Toback, and then suggests people are going after Toback and Weinstein because they can't get Trump.

Stuff like this is why I dislike that he's gotten so much hype and fame this past year for his lousy impression. He doesn't deserve it.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/alec-baldwin-breaks-silence-on-james-toback-i-had-no-idea.html

He showed himself to be a worthless human being when he called his little daughter a pig. 

11 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

So what was the John McCook tweet that Cady responded too? It's been deleted

Her tweet works

ots the tweet of McCooks she retweeted that was deleted

Cady McClainVerified account @CadyMcClain

Maybe stop grabbing womens butts too. You grabbed mine in 2014 at a YR event as you walked through the crowd. #jerk https://twitter.com/johnmccook44/status/921204380296101889 

This Tweet is unavailable.
12:08 PM - 1 Nov 2017

I think the (very depressing and disheartening) question now to ask is which actors ARE NOT complete pigs? They seem to be a dying breed based on all of these accusations.