Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

Like I said before, it just makes me sick to know that some homophobic people out there will look at Kevin Spacey and say, "See, I was right about those faggots all along!".  At a time when the LGBTQ community has made such progress toward equality and acceptance within the "mainstream" community, this was the LAST thing they needed to have happened.

Dear God, I had no idea about Corey Haim and you-know-who!

(Well, one good thing about Haim being dead: he doesn't have to worry about whether he contracted the HIV virus from that sick mofo.)

Here's hoping they're never tapped into service!

But seriously.  I hope, at the very least, that Kevin Spacey is being realistic about his career now.  If he believes he can climb back onto the A-, B- or even C-List after these allegations, he's not only narcissistic but delusional af.  He'll be lucky to land a role in a straight-to-DVD movie.  And any college or university that would even CONSIDER hiring him to be an acting professor would be an absolute fool, to put it mildly.

Oh, well.  I hear they're hiring at the Pizza Hut.  #shrug

Edited by Khan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess in a selfish way I keep thinking it'll be hard to remember and appreciate his best work. He's been smug and often obnoxious onscreen a long time and I've known about some of these stories longer than some folks, but I still enjoyed some of his recent work like Baby Driver (I don't watch HoC, I preferred the UK series). Overnight all of that is gone. As it absolutely should be, but it's still jarring cognitively to wrap one's head around.

Hell, I'm starting to wonder if his big Ridley Scott Oscar movie with Michelle Williams will be dumped to streaming. A week ago it was a major picture and the studio was going to push a big award campaign for him to win for it; now they've dropped that entirely.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Q: Can (and should) the Academy revoke Kevin Spacey's two Oscar wins?

I think you're right, Vee.  I think they'll probably dump the movie to streaming.  Or they might go ahead and release the movie to theaters but not bother with any ads or other promotions.  Either way, they'll just write it off financially.

• Members

^ A paragraph from that article:

I want to be generous and say that, somewhere along the line, Kevin has been hurt, too — fucked up by a society that punishes people for honesty. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which one feels an attraction to prepubescent children. There are legions of people who have these feelings and don’t act on them. What if Kevin Spacey had been given space to talk about his attractions without fear of cultural sanction?

That's what psychiatrists are for. I'm not interested in living in a world where we normalize pedophilia.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

he sounds like an ass

Maybe he should be fired too

1. Manu Intiraymi‏Verified account @ManuIntiraymi  Oct 31

More

The President can “Grab Em by the !@#$%^&*], & keep his job. But 20 year old allegations & Spacey loses his? This country is just a tad uptight.

2. So speaking of sexual assault “Grab Em by the !@#$%^&*]” Can we get Trump out already! This MAN is dangerous. Nuclear! #kevinspacey is just gay.

Edited by John

• Members

What the ever-loving F.U.C.K.? (Sorry for the language, but this pisses me off!) Is this what this has been reduced to? Defending these sick SOBs because King Pervert sits in the White House and, thus, horrible behavior is now deemed acceptable?

This should NEVER be normalized. EVER.

Edited by Wendy